PDA

View Full Version : a 25 BB challenge

jaxUp
03-20-2005, 07:05 AM
I want to play some .02/.04 HU on stars to work on my HU game. I figure a $1 buy-in ought to be enough. Who wants to play?

Shillx
03-20-2005, 07:09 AM
[censored] it ill bite

jaxUp
03-20-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] it ill bite

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah!! slick_big1 is me.

jaxUp
03-20-2005, 07:45 AM
shill is pwning me in a clearly superior fashion

DavidC
03-20-2005, 08:34 AM
I tried this vs AdamL, noticed a few things:

1) Rake is killer, as we were pretty evenly matched.

2) DON'T FRIGGIN FOLD PF! Maybe like 20% of the time.

One of these days we're going to play again, and I will win, oh yes...

jaxUp
03-20-2005, 08:43 AM
1) no rake

2) I folded way too much (mostly at the start)

3) I flop g00t

4) shill rivers g00t

final results: jax loses 26.5 BB in a 25BB challenge. How embarassing!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

jaxUp
03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
I learned how to do this: Villain is not an "above-average" player by any means. He played too many hands, was aggressive, and had a tendency to get in over his head.

I know it's SH, and SS, but this is where I posted the challenge, so I thought I'd follow up here.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

I figure villain for an 8 or a 9 here. If I 3-bet, I scare him into submission and he will likely fold the turn if he has an 8. If I show weakness he's likely to lead the turn, so I can for sure get an extra SB that way, and I think that this particular opponent would call a raise as well

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Is any of my thinking flawed? Again, it's SH and SS, but I thought I'd share what I learned.

yellowjack
03-20-2005, 08:23 PM
This hand needs its own thread, whether it be here or in SS. I only came across this pot because I'm procrastinating from my studies intensely.

Stuey
03-20-2005, 10:02 PM
I don’t know why and I might not even be close.

Sorry but I have to disagree with this here is my thoughts.

What if he has the flush or an OESD draw? I reraise the flop as the JJ is open to overcards as well. I don’t change my play based on the fact my opponent is bad. I play correctly and let him make the mistakes. If he folds I don’t feel bad. I think the times he holds 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 98, 99, 88, 33, JT, 76, QQ, KK, AA, or overcards and beats me on the turn will be much more costly than the times he folds here.

The Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the turn is a bad card. It makes his flush or the nut str8 and might have hit him if he had overcards plus it gave him something to bluff at. I call on the turn and call/check the river. I don’t like playing so weak but I think it is called for in this situation.

It is clear you won this hand but I think it might have taught you a bad trick. I am not confident I am correct however and would like to hear what others have to say.