PDA

View Full Version : Flop top 2, but...

NAU_Player
03-20-2005, 06:41 AM
no specific reads, table is rather passive overall (wont raise AK preflop, etc.)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero...

I'm sure we've all seen this dozens of times, what is the best line?
(raise pf? AQo is one of the more interesting hands to play preflop)

reubenf
03-20-2005, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(raise pf? AQo is one of the more interesting hands to play preflop)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that interesting to me. I pretty much either raise or fold, with the occasional reraise in early position or call a raise in late position after some others have called.

Dave G.
03-20-2005, 08:07 AM
I'd raise preflop, and raise the flop as well. You want single clubs paying you off. I'd slow down to a 3-bet and try to get to the showdown cheaply.

If another /images/graemlins/club.gif or a J or K comes, I'm out, because you probably won't be getting the 10.5:1 you need to continue on the big streets. Also if there's lots of action on the turn it's probably safe to dump it.

Peter Harris
03-20-2005, 08:17 AM
raise preflop. AQo is not an interesting PF hand, it's an autoraise everywhere. If someone else raises, *then* it gets interesting.

You should raise the flop here for sure, and because there are so many people to act behind, they'll all get odds with a club, so it's for value, not to protect [except for those who fold for 2 cold even with a big club]

I would think capping a 3-bet on the flop is a good idea - with all the big clubs out, and so many players in, someone with a lone K /images/graemlins/club.gif [UTG+2?] may 3-bet for value here.

If the pot isn't 11BB on the turn AND a K, J or /images/graemlins/club.gif falls i think you can release it. If they fall and it is, i guess you can continue and hope to fill up. If specifically the K /images/graemlins/club.gif or J /images/graemlins/club.gif falls that'll be interesting...

kapw7
03-20-2005, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It's not that interesting to me. I pretty much either raise or fold, with the occasional reraise in early position or call a raise in late position after some others have called.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's interesting. Can you explain again when do you fold AQ PF in a 0.5/1 game?

kapw7
03-20-2005, 08:59 AM
You are CO against 4 limpers and you don't raise PF? This is too weak or "fishy" as some ppl would like to call it.

Peter Harris
03-20-2005, 10:40 AM
i assume the player means "fold" when it's raisedin front by a tight-passive raiser [or reraised/capped by a few players]. I can't see any reason to fold AQo unless those situations occur.

hicherbie
03-20-2005, 01:04 PM
raise pf with AQo.
raise on the flop.
if no clubs/K/T fall and hes still betting into you just call him down. its a horrible flop even though you have two pair but i dont think you will always have the worst of it.

reubenf
03-20-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. Can you explain again when do you fold AQ PF in a 0.5/1 game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually when it's 3 cold to me, as well as a few situations when a tight player raises in EP and it's folded to me in LP. I don't like calling a 3-bet from the blinds, either.

Aaron W.
03-20-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AQo is one of the more interesting hands to play preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

... when you play really tough games. These games are not tough and you're missing out big by not raising it preflop.

tiltaholic
03-20-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AQo is one of the more interesting hands to play preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

... when you play really tough games. These games are not tough and you're missing out big by not raising it preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

oLyphant
03-20-2005, 05:21 PM
The raise for value on the flop is good here, also don't you still have 7 outs to the nuts..besides rare RF