PDA

View Full Version : Road to recovery

fishercat1
03-20-2005, 05:22 AM
Has a gambling addict ever gone to rehab and ended up having a healthy realtionship with gambling in the future. Any one on this forum?

Update: I haven't confided in friends and family of my gambling problem but I have started to go to GA and make ammends to the people I owe. Im still hating life and having bouts of depression, not gambling in the past two weeks is feeling like I a heroin addict going thru withdrawl. I never thought it would be this painful. It's prolly not my best idea to be perusing 2+2 but right now you guys are my support group

jdl22
03-20-2005, 05:25 AM
Welcome to the forums. I would reccomend you post this in the psychology forum as that's where most addiction questions are posed and there are several people there that know about it.

Hopefully you are able to recover from this. I wish you well.

mother_brain
03-20-2005, 06:17 AM
All I can suggest is working out. When I need to take a break that is what I do, it seems to take my mind off of gambling.

willie
03-20-2005, 01:19 PM
--i also doubt that the withdrawal is similar to heroin withdrawal

unless it feels like the flu, you're crapping your pants and vomitting nonstop.

good luck on the recovery though, and i don't think it's possible to dabble in gambling if you're an addict.

there are "chippers" who do heroin or whatever they like once a month but they are EXTREMELY rare....

trying2learn
03-20-2005, 02:40 PM
and while debatable, "chippers" are also thought of in some circles as those who were never actually addicted in the first place. this is interesting discussion by the way - i wish you luck as well fishercat.

Mike Gallo
03-20-2005, 02:43 PM
there are "chippers" who do heroin or whatever they like once a month but they are EXTREMELY rare....

A true heroin addict is either high, or looking to get high and jonesing.