PDA

View Full Version : Move from Stars to Party?

Costanza
03-20-2005, 04:40 AM
I have some irrational bad feelings about playing on Party Poker which stem from my early attempts at playing poker online. I had no clue about bankroll requirements for various games and was also overestimating my game. After losing a couple of deposits there I took a break from online poker for a couple of months. During that time I worked on my game by reading a couple more 2+2 books and reading the forums.

I decided to try again in October. I still had a bad taste in my mouth from Party Poker so I decided to try PokerStars instead. I gave myself a 30 buy-in bankroll for the $5.50 SnG’s. After 1 month with a -1% (statistically insignificant sample size) ROI I finally started winning, and am now getting close to a 30 buy-in bankroll for the $22’s.

It’s hard to get away from the fact that most of you play at Party instead of Stars. I’m starting to think that I should too, because:

- The games don’t last as long, so you can play more games. Assuming my ROI would be the same at Party as it is at Stars, I would make more money at Party.

- If I contiunue to play tight early, I think my ITM% and 1/2/3 distribution would be about the same at Party as it is at Stars, even though you start with 10 players instead of 9.

- The same ITM% and 1/2/3 distribution leads to a higher ROI at Party than Stars

I’m in the process of getting a bonus at Stars so I’m going to stay there at least until it’s completed. By that time I should have enough in my bankroll that I could start playing the $22’s. Instead, I’m thinking about moving $330 to Party (probably would open an account with a skin instead) and trying out the $11’s.

Does this sound reasonable? Anything else I should be considering?

Wu36
03-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Why not move the 500(?) or so needed to get the full bonus?
Otherwise, sounds like a plan