PDA

View Full Version : AQo - To limp or not to limp?

FreakDaddy
03-20-2005, 04:34 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

The result of this hand should be obvious. Why am I not seeing flopped set here? I've had this happen to me twice today and I'm wondering what I'm missing.

istewart
03-20-2005, 04:35 AM
Raise preflop.

Shillx
03-20-2005, 04:35 AM
To hell with the rest of the hand. What is with the preflop limp???

Brad

toss
03-20-2005, 04:38 AM
Yeah, why didn't raise PF?

FreakDaddy
03-20-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it was the rum and cokes I had earlier? /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think I only raise this hand about half the time. Should I raise this ALL the time? (besides mixing it up if I'm on a table for awhile of course)

Shillx
03-20-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it was the rum and cokes I had earlier? /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think I only raise this hand about half the time. Should I raise this ALL the time? (besides mixing it up if I'm on a table for awhile of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes to both.

You should drink rum and cokes all the time (or Great White beer).

You should raise AQo all the time. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brad

toss
03-20-2005, 04:42 AM
Only half the times?!?! Whoamg I almost always raise this when in an unraised pot. Same with AJ but to a lesser extent.

FreakDaddy
03-20-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Only half the times?!?! Whoamg I almost always raise this when in an unraised pot. Same with AJ but to a lesser extent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please be gentle when beating me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

toss
03-20-2005, 04:47 AM
Sorry I did come off a little mean /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I suppose limpin with AQ isn't as bad since you did have those rum'n cokes.

FreakDaddy
03-20-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes to both.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel I should know better by now, but perhaps I need to cut down on the number of tables. What about the turn? When I'm bet into after the cap, should I smell set and lay it down? What's the best play here. I get stuck in hands like these.

FreakDaddy
03-20-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I did come off a little mean /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I suppose limpin with AQ isn't as bad since you did have those rum'n cokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you're pretty mean... bastard... thanks for the advice. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Disclaimer: The above is just a joke - except for the thanks.

Shillx
03-20-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes to both.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel I should know better by now, but perhaps I need to cut down on the number of tables. What about the turn? When I'm bet into after the cap, should I smell set and lay it down? What's the best play here. I get stuck in hands like these.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post flop play in this hand is rock solid imo.

Brad

FreakDaddy
03-20-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

So just pay off the set huh? Unless a really solid read (which I did not have at this time). I'd have to go back and look at PT, but if these guys aggression was less than 1 let's say. Would you still pay off this hand?

Shillx
03-20-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

So just pay off the set huh? Unless a really solid read (which I did not have at this time). I'd have to go back and look at PT, but if these guys aggression was less than 1 let's say. Would you still pay off this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you are not paying off. You will have the best hand a good % of the time. Sometimes he will have 2 pair and you can draw out profitably (spelling). You are focusing on the results here.

Brad

SCfuji
03-20-2005, 05:33 AM
hmm i havent read the other responses but dont think that: not raising this pot preflop was the reason of your losing this hand. auto-raise this and sometimes ill even 3-bet to isolate weakies. AQo is a strong hand!

Shillx
03-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Everytime I respond to one of your posts, I feel like I'm actually speaking to alizee. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

SCfuji
03-20-2005, 05:56 AM
and i always feel like im talking to the gerber baby. get a real avatar haha.

reubenf
03-20-2005, 05:57 AM
I can't remember the last time I folded TPTK heads-up. I like your postflop play.

kapw7
03-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Rum and coke is the best. With a slice of lime in there.

Laying down your hand would be a disater unless you have telepathetic abilities.

Cutting down the number of tables is the best way to improve your game.

Peter Harris
03-20-2005, 08:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and you can draw out profitably (spelling)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your spelling is fine. been at the rum and cokes?

Civiliste
03-20-2005, 11:01 AM
[ VAR hijack=1; VAR spam=1; ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rum and coke is the best. With a slice of lime in there.]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this one:

2 fingers: Seagram's Lime Twisted Gin
3 fingers: Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice
On the rocks

Called a Gimlet, and they're badazz. I had a friend in school turn me on to them. You can add a splash/finger of Vodka for more punch, but I like 'em as above.

-Zak
[ hijack = 0; spam=0; ]

kapw7
03-20-2005, 11:08 AM
I can certainly limp to that. Thanks /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

imported_legoman
03-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Also pf raise to hopefully force the CO poster to fold.