PDA

View Full Version : Is there a better line?

wrto4556
03-20-2005, 03:41 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

I bet to see where i'm at, but would it have been better to check and see what MP1 does, and raise if it looks safe?

Turn: (5.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

No brainer.

River: (10.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

wrto4556
03-20-2005, 05:40 AM
Bump.

I'm not even sure if I should have lead out...

admiralfluff
03-20-2005, 06:04 AM
depending on the players I either check raise, or check fold the flop, but I really don't like betting out here. Some might also argue against coming in with 66 UTG, but if the table is reasonably loose I do it every time, and if the table is really tight I raise it. It might be a good idea to fold this on moderately tight, aggressive tables though.

SackUp
03-20-2005, 06:08 AM
First off I usually fold 66 UTG unless the table loose passive. It is short handed so even less likely you are getting lots of callers like you want.

With that said I don't think I'm ever betting out here. You have 3rd pair and horrible position with a preflop raiser and Cold Caller yet to act. You aren't betting out with much here at all. Even if you are a ahead there are a ton of overcards still to come that will kill you and you don't really have any redraws other than runner runner.

I'm probably check folding this flop. The flop is still pretty small even with teh raise since only 3 to the flop and you are likely drawing to two outs with horrible position. I think you just gave away 1.5 bets.

And even if you wanted to stay in for the turn, you have to check fold here. You are dead in the water at this point. You have a horrible pair and are betting in the dark to a preflop raiser when a Broadway card comes.

So ya, get away from this hand early and often.

college_boy
03-20-2005, 06:36 AM
Yeah I don't like the turn bet. He just hit a lot of hands, so you aren't ahead of much that he would have raised with preflop

private joker
03-20-2005, 07:23 AM
I usually check-fold these flops, but Clarkmeister and Sfer have a good theory about betting out on these drawless, ragged flops. Evidently good things happen. I need to work on doing that. If I did, and these guys called, I'd probably check an A or K turn card. But betting and folding to a raise isn't terrible, I don't think.

MagicFlea
03-20-2005, 09:38 AM
if I had a read on villains I might bet the flop but with the King I would definitely check/fold. usually two big cards is my invitation to forget about my little pairs (at least against two callers... against one I'd probably bet again).