PDA

View Full Version : The Right Play (QQ in MP)?

avalanche201
03-20-2005, 03:37 AM
Hey all- ahh finally a place where the whole point isnt to insult others. Anyways, I was in a tournament (live) today that i qualified for, for a seat at the WSOP. There was about 450 people to start, and i started on a stack about 1,000. After playing for about 3 hours and getting just #$%^, I was up to 1,350.

I get pocket queens in middle position, a lady had limped (the b-blind are $150 at this point) she was a short stack so I raised to what she had left ($450 total)hoping to isolate me and her. Down the table was a kid that had been raising a lot and had made some questionable calls earlier. He re-raised me to 700 total. The lady who limped folded, and it was up to me. As i said I thought this was a pretty weak player, so i was a bit scared about pocket kings or aces, but not too much. Minus my 450, i was left with 900, and 250 to call (that would have left me with $650). Instead i decide to go all in, i do, and he calls.

He flips over AJ suited, and I was right for the most part as that is not an all-in hand (in my oppinion of course). The flop comes rags with a king, no strait or flush draw for him, next card is a blank, and of course he catches his ace on the river (a 1 in 14 chance). I in my suito hellmuth fashion blow a gasket, and walk away. In all i had him down to one card, and ace, which is about as bad of odds as you can get. I mean isnt poker in tournaments about getting your money in with the best hand?

Anyways I still am questioning my play though. If it were kings or aces, I would have no doubt that my play was right, but with queens i am still a bit confused. I have found that it is much easier to call an all-in, then it is to see a flop that you have nothing and then call an all-in. So i guess my main question is, do you agree with the play, or should I have called, and then went all in, with the possiblity that he folds since he has nothing?

GrandmaStabone
03-20-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey all- ahh finally a place where the whole point isnt to insult others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw you and your small penis.

beta1607
03-20-2005, 08:26 AM
You will get the best responses in the Muli-table tourney forum. FWIW your raise all in was correct.

Also, take the complaining about the 'bad beat' out of your post if you respost it. You want to strive to play optimally, and doing so you have to ignore results.