PDA

View Full Version : JJ outa position vs nit/rock

Roman
03-20-2005, 03:13 AM
500+50 tourney at a club in NYC. Play is exploitable, but not aweful.
Start with 2500 chips, im down to ~1900 and villian has ~3.5k he is also a very very nitty elderly man, who was reading cardplayer earlier and comes out with every single cheesy nit line ever.

He raises UTG to 300, and im in the BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif. Do I call or re-raise?

I figure reraises fold out JJ-88 and AJ-AT while only and also pot commit me vs all the hands that dominate me, so I call.

Flop 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Do I lead out here?

I want him to bet AK-AJ here which I beat and he will fold if I lead out, so I check.

He bets 600

I push right?

How is my thinking here? Anyone play this differently?

bugstud
03-20-2005, 03:22 AM
I think your thinking is pretty good, hard hand vs a nit

SossMan
03-20-2005, 03:25 AM
If your range of hands for him include AT, then you certainly need to push there, but that's pretty loose for an old guy for an UTG raise.
If his range is like AA-TT, AK/AQ for the preflop raise, and maybe AA-TT, AK for the flop bet, then I am folding.

Roman
03-20-2005, 04:01 AM
I dont know, he was a little aggressive for a nit but a lot of that was just a run of good hands, but I dont really know his range for an UTG raise, for all I know its just QQ-AA, AK. I have never played with him before.

Soss, how can I call PF and fold on a perfect flop? Or do you lay pf? that seems awfully weak.....

SossMan
03-20-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Soss, how can I call PF and fold on a perfect flop? Or do you lay pf? that seems awfully weak.....

[/ QUOTE ]

given your read, you probably have to push there, but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't call preflop and fold to a flop bet on that flop v. certain opponents.
Some players have a fairly large opening range (AA-TT, AK-AT, KQ) but woudn't bet that flop w/out an overpair or better. So folding when they fire out a pot sized flop bet could be right, since you now have narrowed their range further. I'm not saying that this is the standard way to play it, just a possible logical line.

Go Blue
03-20-2005, 06:45 AM
Roman, every time I read one of your posts, I hear the words coming out in Bender's voice. Get that damn picture out of your profile!

Roman
03-20-2005, 02:36 PM
you first /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Roman
03-20-2005, 02:36 PM
he was deff aggro enough to bet with AK imho.

Roman
03-20-2005, 02:37 PM
I deliberated for like 2 min, pushed, he called and flipped up 99. MHIG