PDA

View Full Version : Great Day For Me!!!!

PukaPlaya
03-20-2005, 02:57 AM
Hey all,

Had to share my good fortune with all of you fine people.

I just hit 3 final tables in 12 hours:

1) Came in 1st in the $100 buyin 4 table max on Paradise good for $1456.00

2) Came in 2nd in Paradise Starfish $10 rebuy tourney. 134 players good for $741.00

3) Came in 3rd in the Paradise $10 Turbo, 576 players good for $497.00

Great day for me!!! I am dissapointed I didn't win Starfish as I had the chip lead for a good portion of the final table but such is life. I got creamed on two hands back to back and it was really late for me and I couldn't bounce back. I went out with A7 to A6 when a 6 popped.

Anyway feeling good!

PukaPlaya
03-20-2005, 05:48 AM
Okay I know this was a useless self congragulating post but not a single 'sup bro?

Anyone else have a day like this in tourneys? Yeah I only play 100 buy in or less so the pay isn't amazing but usually average 2 to 3 finals a week, playing a tourney or to a day, so this was signifigant.

Anyway.

Shilly
03-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Sup bro? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrats, keep up the fine work.

mrwhippy
03-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Try reposting as a "bad beat" story...youll have them queing up to give you sh*t. No-one on here seems to want to hear how well you do, much less congratulate you...the competitive nature of poker I guess.
Anyway, well done...pats on the back all round!!

Bigdaddydvo
03-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Nice Run. Wanna stake me? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

As requested: Sup Bro

jackdaniels
03-20-2005, 03:48 PM
I like it.

Sup Bro?

Prime Time
03-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Sup bro congrats,
I have been getting sucked out on, and just running bad all week.
So enjoy it.

CardSharpCook
03-20-2005, 04:38 PM
I really don't know how to respond to this. A poster with 28 posts is telling me about his great day. That is like a perfect stranger who I only know because we've been sitting at the same table for an hour telling me how great he is at poker (wait, that's not fair) - how well he has done in the past day (that's better). Great. Woohoo. I'm happy for you, stranger, now let me play cards. Hell, I'm all about talking to strangers, but I'd rather talk about common interests (ie poker). I'm not one to enjoy listening to a stranger brag (even if it is humble bragging as this post is).

This post is not intended to be an attack on the original poster, it really isn't. I guess it is more of intellectual exploration of how we should respond to a post like this from a stranger, or what response it evokes in us as we read it. <shrug>

CSC

Sully
03-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Congrats on all of your posts CardSharp. I'm sure every single one of them has been just as valuable and constructive as this one.

Keep up the great work.

SoBeDude
03-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Thats kinda harsh.

He's just feeling great and happy and trying to share it.

Be happy for him.

-Scott

randommuppet
03-20-2005, 05:28 PM
nice one - ive had a 1,2,3 before in the space of 12 hours for about $4500 total at about the same buyins - certainly boosts both the confidence and bankroll!

gl for the future......

Stephen

PukaPlaya
03-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey Cardsharp...

I may be a new poster but I have been lurking for quite a while. Not to be too defensive but I was just very happy with my short term results and wanted to share that feeling with folks who I figured would understand. My wife just doesn't get it and doesn't want to hear about my play unless I immediately cash out whatever winnings I earned.

I am still a relative newbie player, playing for a year obsessively, and days like that one are pretty rare for me.

That being said, I like your frelling avatar.

Arnett23
03-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Odd, the OP has been regestered for 4 months longer here than you have unless I am reading it wrong, Some people come here to learn and not give their 2 cents on every single post.

Congrats to the poster those are the days that make all the bad beats worth it.

CardSharpCook
03-20-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Cardsharp...

I may be a new poster but I have been lurking for quite a while. Not to be too defensive but I was just very happy with my short term results and wanted to share that feeling with folks who I figured would understand. My wife just doesn't get it and doesn't want to hear about my play unless I immediately cash out whatever winnings I earned.

I am still a relative newbie player, playing for a year obsessively, and days like that one are pretty rare for me.

That being said, I like your frelling avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that's cool, man. I am single, but my mother feels about poker the way that your wife does. I don't talk to her about poker anymore. I certainly understand your wanting to share your feelings, those that don't play, really don't understand what wins and losses mean.

I hope you become more involved on this site. I lived/cooked on Maui for 6 months (I move a lot) but Hawaii stays in my heart more than any other "home" I've had.

With all these nerds here, you're the first to recognize or say anything about my avatar. Best show on TV! Or it was /images/graemlins/frown.gif

CSC

jackdaniels
03-20-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My wife just doesn't get it and doesn't want to hear about my play unless I immediately cash out whatever winnings I earned.

[/ QUOTE ]

May I recommend divore? And if it works out for you, give me your lawyers number, I have a similar problem /images/graemlins/grin.gif