PDA

View Full Version : Implied odds and hidden outs.

skammer
03-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Hero is CO w/ Kc Qd (5-handed)
UTG folds, Hero raises, but. folds, sm. b. calls, big b. calls (3P, 6 small bets)
flop: Ks Jh Ts
sm. b. checks, big b. checks, Hero bets, call, call (3P, 4.5 big bets)
turn: Qc
sm. b. checks, big b. checks, Hero bets, sm. b. raises, big b. folds, (7.5 big bets) Hero calls (?)

agree or disagree?

DrGutshot
03-20-2005, 12:59 AM
I check the turn.

Only call this turn c/r if you plan on folding unimproved on the river.

-DrG

TStoneMBD
03-20-2005, 01:55 AM
definitely check the turn. people without straights will usually automuck here, so you gain no value when you are ahead, and all you are doing is setting yourself up to pay 2 more bets when youre behind. take the free card and snap off the river bet.

skammer
03-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. Are you certain that the turn bet is wrong? If one of them is on a flush draw (78s) and the other has JTx, it would be a huge mistake to give them a free shot to win the entire pot. Or maybe a 9 or A (non spade) hits and it's a 3 way split?

gamblore99
03-20-2005, 03:15 PM
I check here. To me the question is what do you do when the flush card hits on the river and its checked to you. Im not necessariyl thinking they have flush draws here, but would you bet this?

skammer
03-20-2005, 03:51 PM
I would check the river. (unless Qs!) I think I would only get called by better hands like someone with a 9 or a small flush.