PDA

View Full Version : Check these plays

whatever
03-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Both hands came from a local card room that spreads limit holdem where there is one $2 blind and bets on all streets are $2. The table was incredibly loose passive as it was almost always 8 or 9 people seeing the flop on every hand. There was seldom any preflop raises, but when there was a raise it was often capped (two people who knew each other would re-raise and re-re-raise to cap the betting when anyone raised -- they'd do it with pretty much anything).

Hand one:
I'm in the cutoff (next to the one BB) with Ad4d. The BB is an old lady who hasn't raised since I sat down, which was about 30 or 40 hands. 6 limpers to me, I call, the BB raises, it gets capped by the two crazy players, and I call $4 into a pot that is currently $60.

Flop stinks for me Qd, Ts, 4c ($64) -- BB leads out, 4 callers and I call because I'm last to act, I have a pair and a back door flush draw, but I'm praying for another diamond on the turn.

Turn is 6d ($74), BB leads out, 4 callers again, I only call but I think I missed bets here. I should have raised because the pot was so big and I was now drawing to the nut flush... right?).

River is 4h ($84) BB leads out, I think only 2 callers this time, and I call... I missed my chance to build to pot on the turn, but I didn't want to raise here (even though I could certainly have the best hand) because I put the old lady on a big pair, and if it was Queens I would lose to her boat... should I have raised there on the river?

Hand two:
I have AA in middle position. Couple limpers, guy to my right raises, I reraise, it gets capped and 6 people see the flop.

Flop was 7, Q, Q (rainbow) -- 2 checks, guy to my right bets, I raise, 2 folds, one cold call (this guy called down pretty much on every hand so it was difficult to put him on a hand)one fold and the initial raiser calls. Three see the flop, the initial raiser on the flop and pre-flop action, and the super loose calling station.

Turn blank -- check, check, *What's your play here and why?

River another blank -- check, check, *What's your play here if you checked on the Turn? What's your play here if you bet and got two callers on the turn?