PDA

View Full Version : How Would you have played it?

TXTiger
03-19-2005, 09:41 PM
MP1 has been raising light, but not insanely so. I've seen her 3 bet the turn with a draw oop, and she seems to get mad when anyone plays back at her. After rivering a flush she called some guy a fuker for raising her with the best hand. Not sure if she's on tilt bigtime because she has had some semblance of a hand everytime she has to show. but she's definitly playing very loose aggressive. She's also about to run out of chips.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $25. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (18.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (16.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.66 BB

I'm going to post what I was thinking during the hand, but respond before reading my thoughts.

Edit : I guess I should also mention that I thought the possibility of a total bluff was relatively high, but that should be somewhat obvious by my play.

kurosh
03-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Raise the flop or call down. Raising the turn is a bad bad idea against a potential tilter.

TXTiger
03-19-2005, 09:52 PM
I thought preflop was easy with a possible light raise and 2 posters in. But she did cap.

On the flop I'm getting 20:1 so it's between calling and raising. I don't see a good reason to raise. But a raise may not be bad. If I raise I'll likely be betting the turn not checking. I should mention that I think it's very possible she's on a total bluff given she has been playing progressively more aggresive each pot she loses. I'm thinking that I'll probably be calling all the way.

On the turn I'm happy to see the CO fold. I decided to raise because my hand may be good, and if she has KT or similar I'd love to see her fold. I was also thinking she might fold AQ, but I think this was a mistake. I'm not to certain of the turn raise, since I don't think a fold to the reraise would have been correct. And I'm not happy about putting in 3 bets with AJ high. I'm getting 15:1 on the reraise call.

Once I call the reraise the river call is automatic given my read. Even though I can't imagine being ahead here.

TXTiger
03-19-2005, 11:46 PM
b

Harv72b
03-19-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 has been raising light, but not insanely so. I've seen her 3 bet the turn with a draw oop, and she seems to get mad when anyone plays back at her. After rivering a flush she called some guy a fuker for raising her with the best hand. Not sure if she's on tilt bigtime because she has had some semblance of a hand everytime she has to show. but she's definitly playing very loose aggressive. She's also about to run out of chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds a lot like one of my buddies, but I didn't know she played this high if it's really her. Weird.

Anyway, as for the hand, against a raging LAG like you described, if I raise any street it's going to be the flop, and that's only because I want to convince MP3 to drop his hand. I understand that you're "showing" high overpair by calling the flop/raising the turn, but I don't know too many LAGs who'll bother to notice.

Once I get HU, if I'm convinced she's trying to bull her way to the pot with a worse hand than my AJs, my line goes call/call, especially against a player who you know will 3-bet the turn without a made hand. I just don't see the point in risking another 2 BBs while calling down with AHGK.

TXTiger
03-20-2005, 01:50 AM
MP1 turns over A7o and mhig.

I'd like to have more people chime in on the turn raise. I'm not sure I like it since I will get 3 bet by a wide range of hands. So I guess I'll agree that it was bad. But I like the idea of the turn raise and river check since I feel like I will be ahead a good percentage of the time. But giving an extra 2 bb to something like 77 blows. I guess the raise is good if one pair hands will call and check to me on the river. Which she may have done with one pair instead of going super aggresive because she knew she could not win a showdown. The raise is also good if AQ or AK will fold, but I don't think that would happen here (possibly AQ).