PDA

View Full Version : buddy list software request

teddyFBI
03-19-2005, 09:12 PM
I posted this on the PV forums w/o much fanfare; thought i'd throw it out here, if anyone knew how to do it, or wanted to take it on as a pet project of sorts:

I play on 4 different Party skins, and hate that i have to add new buddies to all 4 buddy lists, so one of 2 features would be super-cool:

a) is there a way to just have a single buddy list, and copy it to all your different skins?

b) this would be even cooler: I'd like to keep just one huge buddy list (on Empire, for example), and then when I do a search for all my buddies, and see that 10 of them are seated at 10 different tables, I'd like a program to be able to identify when I already have 4 tables of that skin open, and send the message to open the selected table on the NEXT AVAILABLE SKIN!. This would alleviate the problem of having to see "oh, fishXYZ is seated at table 12345, double clicking that table only to be told that you already have 4 tables open, maximizing another skin, finding 12345 and opening it etc...

what do you think?

ArthurD
03-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Obviously a good idea. The second one, probably, would become too slow and haphazard to be worth it, unless implemented in a perfect sense.

The main idea, to add buddies to one and have them *magically* copied to each skin is by far the most needed feature. Seeing as I'm a webdesigner with some friends who code, I'll look into getting it made. Would people be willing to pay $5 for such a program? I'll get back here with some info next week.

-Arthur

kapw7
03-20-2005, 02:13 PM
I don't know if the following might be helpful.
Using PT you extract a file with the players names ONLY. You open the file in Excel and you copy the players names. You open Word and Paste the names there. Using the command Edit-Find: In the Find tab you press the button More and then the button Special and select "Paragraph Character" from the menu. In the Replace tab you enter a space or a comma in the "Replace with" entry. Press Replace All and you will get a list of names sperated by a space or a comma. You copy and paste this list in "Search Tables" in Party Poker. You can only use up to 100 characters.

Hope this is clear and helpful

teddyFBI
03-20-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if the following might be helpful.
Using PT you extract a file with the players names ONLY. You open the file in Excel and you copy the players names. You open Word and Paste the names there. Using the command Edit-Find: In the Find tab you press the button More and then the button Special and select "Paragraph Character" from the menu. In the Replace tab you enter a space or a comma in the "Replace with" entry. Press Replace All and you will get a list of names sperated by a space or a comma. You copy and paste this list in "Search Tables" in Party Poker. You can only use up to 100 characters.

Hope this is clear and helpful

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried this already -- the search function box doesn't support any kind of pasting.

kapw7
03-20-2005, 05:40 PM
It worked for me in Party and Eurobet. Right-click inside the Search slot and select paste from the menu that pops.

ArthurD
03-26-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm still speaking with some software developers on this issue, and with any luck I hope to have some software to do this within 2 weeks, although I can't promise anything as money is always a #1 issue to programmers. If this works out, I'll probably have to charge ~$5 for the program to make up for my investment in having it made. I'll post an update when I'm sure that it is a go.

-Arthur

jnalpak
05-16-2005, 05:31 PM
~bump~
any updates on this project?

Prod1gy
05-16-2005, 08:41 PM
I am planning on having this in PartyMine, basically it will sync all your buddy list across all skins.

astarck
05-18-2005, 12:39 AM
What would happen if you are on a party skin that doesn't support other party tables (Bad Beat Jackpot for example) yet the person is still online?