PDA

View Full Version : SNG vs. steps

Reef
03-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Assume: player has intermediate skill level in single table tourny play.

Where would he make the most profit: step tournys or SNG's? why?

The Yugoslavian
03-20-2005, 02:16 AM
I'd say ROI would be higher at STEPs while $/hr would be higher at STTs.

Also, your assumption about 'intermediate skill level' isn't all that great. Correct strategy varies more between the STEPs and STTs than one would initially think.

I assume you want to compare the 1 table STEPs and STTs. the 2 table STEPs are much juicier due to the large number of players who have no clue how to play STEP 3 and STEP 4.

Yugoslav

curtains
03-20-2005, 02:19 AM
I'd stick to the SNG's for a while, and play the Step's only as recreation, until you've built up a pretty solid bankroll. Maybe play Steps 1-2 days a week or so?

skipperbob
03-20-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the 2 table STEPs are much juicier due to the large number of players who have no clue how to play STEP 3 and STEP 4.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the term "non sequitor" mean anything to anybody? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

EasilyFound
03-20-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say ROI would be higher at STEPs while $/hr would be higher at STTs.

Also, your assumption about 'intermediate skill level' isn't all that great. Correct strategy varies more between the STEPs and STTs than one would initially think.

I assume you want to compare the 1 table STEPs and STTs. the 2 table STEPs are much juicier due to the large number of players who have no clue how to play STEP 3 and STEP 4.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the differences between step and SNG and how does play at steps 3 and 4 differ from 1 and 2?

The Yugoslavian
03-20-2005, 04:17 PM
This thread should be right up your alley Skipperbob. How about you try your hand at some useful advice? /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I'll leave it at this. If I played the STEPs it would be the 2 table variety....the payout structure there on STEP 3 and 4 allows worse mistakes by the monkeys.

But, I think the STEPs are a bad idea anyway, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav