PDA

View Full Version : WSOP satellite(s)!!!!! READ ON!!!!

MaxSquat
03-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Read on.... super props to Absolute Poker!!!!

--------------------------------------------

Hello Gian,

I wanted to contact specifically since I'm sure that I'll get a more direct and understanding response.

It has been discussed in various online poker forums about online poker sites offering satellites to Omaha 8 hi/lo at WSOP. Right now there are none. This email is an encouragement for Absolute Poker to seriously consider to be the first online poker site to offer satelittes for this $1500 event. Maybe a $100 buy-in in which 1 in 15 gets a seat and perhaps have some $10 super satellites for the $100 seats. I'm pretty sure that your traffic will pick up once the word gets out that Absolute is running satellites for the 2005 WSOP Omaha 8 hi/lo tournament.

Please let me know what you think.

xxxxxx xxxxxx (my name)

Alias: MaxSquat

---------------------

Done – I will set something up to start in April for this.

Cheers,

Gian Perroni

Poker Room Manager

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beset7
03-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Good work, Max.

Make sure that they go for the $10 super-satelite deal. We ran the PLO one a couple months ago (I took 2nd, only one seat awarded for first /images/graemlins/frown.gif ) with a $100 buyin (no juice and big overlay) and there were only 18 entries. About 80 people showed interest but when it came down to plop down the hunski people didn't show. I'd say either a $50 buyin or $10 supers is the only way to go.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif b7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Nick709
03-20-2005, 02:53 AM
I am already downloading absolute. I was already planning on playing in the 1500 O8 tourny at WSOP Now I might win a seat. awesome.

ipp147
03-20-2005, 04:13 AM
If they run this and get some traffic for the $10 sats then I will go and play there.

Good work /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RickyG
03-20-2005, 06:57 AM
i concur for sure

AnyAce
03-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Very nice work! I am sure to put some money there once the satellites start.

MaxSquat
03-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the compliments players. However, I am going to need many of you to spread the word out for me. This is the only forum that I'm frequent poser to. I know there are others (cardplayer, hendon mob, pokerpages, and etc) and if you are a frequent poser there, please spread the word out.

The more participants we get the more seats will be offered.

Doggone it, I just looked at the WSOP schedule and I see that there are TWO Omaha hi/lo tournaments. One is the $1500 and the other is the $5000. Which one will Absolute run I have no clue.

See you players there!!!