PDA

View Full Version : Was I a maniac putting in the last raise?

aflaba
03-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Villain is TAG 19/8.

This hand is maybe not the most interesting from a strategic point of view, but I think it still has it's charm.

Did I go overboard here with the last raise?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, SB folds.

Turn: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Chat that followed the hand.

Someone: wow
Someone: a 10 is good
Villain: prayin for board not to pair
Someone: yeah
Someone: full house
Someone: he had king queen
Someone: or king jack
Villain: set, easy
Hero: Didn't think you'd raise that in that position
Hero: though you had QQ
Villain: honestly, I misclicked /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Someone: lol
Hero: Although maybe it was wishful thinking
Hero: lol :-)

pfkaok
03-19-2005, 07:19 PM
9 PFR, he'd probably raise ATo if UTG is weak, and he knows it. And ATs would almost always be a raise.

After he caps the turn, check/call might be right on river, or maybe bet/call. I don't like the 3bet that much.

QQ he'd probably cap PF, and JJ i'm guessing he'd raise on flop, although i suppose he could have been waiting for turn with that. ALso, KQ i don't think most people would go that crazy on turn.

surfdoc
03-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Yes. After a reasonable player caps the turn you don't want to put 4 more bets in on the river. I don't think KQ raises the river after all you have done is bet/raise at every opportunity.

ggbman
03-19-2005, 08:30 PM
It rare that someone is capping there without A10 and then raising the the river again. You should just call the river raise.

TheTimeIsUp
03-19-2005, 08:44 PM
I agree with the above. The only hand that he jams this hard is the nuts, or AT. He wouldn't play QQ, KQ, etc this strong.