PDA

View Full Version : Plugging a BB leak

string4
03-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Newbie, 3000+ .50/1 games here. Using PT and some guides to try and plug some leaks. One of the stats I am most troubled about is my position stats. My BB Won/Hand is <font color="red"> </font> (.34) <font color="black"> </font> from the Big Blind, compared w/ my Button % of <font color="green"> </font> .19 <font color="black"> </font> . From what I understand, even if I folded to each and every raise (obviously a messed up strategy) I would average only .32 compared to the dismal .34 I'm showing.

Taking into account the relatively small sample size, does this indicate that I am not folding enough BB hands early enough, or what would be the next step to analyzing and plugging this leak?

Thanks for the help!

tytygoodnuts
03-19-2005, 06:17 PM
You are winning money in the big blind??

Shillx
03-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Yeah (.34) seems a bit low to me. Mine right now at 2/4 is (.11) and from my 5/10 database it is (.26).

If you folded every single hand in the BB (even in limp pots), you would be at (.50) so at least you are doing better then that. But you have only played 3000+ hands and these things take a while to average out. I was actually winning money from the SB after like 3000 hands so I wouldn't really worry about it. Just don't call raises from the BB with dominated offsuit hands and really crappy suited hands (like 92s) and you will be okay.

Brad

smartalecc5
03-19-2005, 06:27 PM
ya, im losing lots of money form the big blind.

Id say a positive BB is a blessing from the poker gods.

string4
03-20-2005, 06:49 AM
Just to clarify: my BB/100 in the big blind is negative .34, or a loss.

Also, the (negative) .32 figure I quote in the first post is an estimate of what you would win in the BB if you always folded to a raise, but played whatever hands you could check. The .32 is a loose estimate of how many hands you would win even if you adopted the terrible strategy to folding to every raise.

Also - I've reviewed my preflop actions from this - doesn't seem to be alot of unsuited connectors or crap hands i'm playing either...(tightly using SSH suggestions for opening hands - 21% VP$IP overall)

thanks for any suggestions anyone can offer )

scotty34
03-20-2005, 04:44 PM
I'd say its impossible