PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good time for a coldcall?

Entity
03-19-2005, 02:42 PM
CO is pretty LAGGY. 88 is an easy 3-bet for me here. Meh. Postflop is pretty standard, yeh?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (19.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (35.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 37.50 BB

Alobar
03-19-2005, 02:52 PM
I like

Entity
03-19-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. The SB said he was going to have the table reported for collusion during the hand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

theRealMacoy
03-19-2005, 03:05 PM
entity,

sweet pot!

i would probably be a little less aggressive pre-flop here with 77, but that could be weak?

my reasoning it is already a multiway pot and i will likely need to flop a set to win with 77's (unless the flop is low cards) thus raising to drive opponents out is unecessary. also if CO is laggy he might re-raise anyway.

what is raising accomplishing at this point (pre-flop)? ....other than making you lots of chips when you hit on the flop with a full boat....

yeah, post flop is standard reeling in the dough action!

note:
let me clear up the fact that yes i see you have a boat this time. next, let me say, damn dude nice string of boats.

cheers,
the Real Macoy

Entity
03-19-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
entity,

sweet pot!

i would probably be a little less aggressive pre-flop here with 77, but that could be weak?

my reasoning it is already a multiway pot and i will likely need to flop a set to win with 77's (unless the flop is low cards) thus raising to drive opponents out is unecessary. also if CO is laggy he might re-raise anyway.

what is raising accomplishing at this point (pre-flop)? ....other than making you lots of chips when you hit on the flop with a full boat....

yeah, post flop is standard reeling in the dough action!

note:
let me clear up the fact that yes i see you have a boat this time. next, let me say, damn dude nice string of boats.

cheers,
the Real Macoy

[/ QUOTE ]

LAG would be raising with hands like 64s and J6s and stuff like that. I'd like to get this pot (which is big, because of the limpers and poster) as shorthanded as possible.

Rob

Alobar
03-19-2005, 03:38 PM
with a poster and a LAG, its a good 3 bet. If it had been 2 limps and a LAG raise, it would be a little more grey area, but yo';ve got a great chance to get some dead money in the pot, you've also got pimp posistion which makes it even better.

MAxx
03-19-2005, 04:18 PM
i would have coldcalled, this looks to be shaping up like a family affair based on preflop action thusfar... and I don't think you will be successfull in limiting the field enough on avg enough to make the 3bet worthwhile. i like coldcalling and trying to hit a homerun with a set.

TStoneMBD
03-19-2005, 04:21 PM
im usually on the side of coldcalling for multiway pots, but this isnt a good time for it. repop him.

spider
03-19-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2 limps and a LAG raise, it would be a little more grey area,

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you misread? It's limper+poster+LAG which is practically the same.

I'd cold-call pre-flop.

MAxx
03-19-2005, 04:34 PM
i think they requard a poster as less likely to call multiple cold than a limper... which has some valitity. However, I stick to my previous script.... I doubt you are gettin this headup or maybe even 3way.

spider
03-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I think you're right about the limper/poster point. I misinterpreted Alobar's wording.

And I agree about not getting it HU or 3-way. Regardless of whether we have 3 limpers or limper+poster+BB, it comes down to 3 people already in for 1 bet and this is 1/2. At least 1 will call and 2 or 3 is not uncommon.

Alobar
03-19-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2 limps and a LAG raise, it would be a little more grey area,

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you misread? It's limper+poster+LAG which is practically the same.

I'd cold-call pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a big diff between limp limp LAG raise, and limp, poster, LAG raise.....a BIG difference

Id rather invest 1 sb more for a pretty good chance of getting HU or at worst 3 way, where you have position on a guy who raises J6s PF, than cold call getting likely 4 or 5-1 odds, when my implied odds are halfed, and more than likely I have to flop a set to win .