PDA

View Full Version : My picks Sat 3/19 NCAA + NBA

ojsdaman
03-19-2005, 01:41 PM
just wondering what you think of my picks

1. Texas Tech +3 vs gonzaga ( i think the odds makers compensated for everyone being on the gonzaga bandwagon and set the spread higher than it should be..in my opinion it should be a 1.5)
2 Celtics -4 at NewOrleans (i like the celts tonight, even if they had a physical game last night..the hornets havent showed me anything that they can keep up)
3. Kings +2 at the clippers (i think sac has been getting a bad rep recently and havent played all that bad..golden state beat them, but sac didnt play that poorly)
4. Nevada +6.5 first half vs Illinois ( i see nevada keeping this game close for the first half, and then ILL taking over in the second)

contentless
03-19-2005, 02:07 PM
As a Celts fan, I'm going to tell you that the Celts pick is a great pick. Their streak will be broken somewhere, but it won't be at NO. Did you know that the Celts are better on the 2nd night of back-to-backs? -4 is a sign that the books still aren't taking notice.

One caveat: The current Celts have a knock against them that they play to the level of their competition. That's not necessarily the case, and this article: http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_12087.shtml provides a solid argument that it's because of Doc's 2nd team management that the Celts run into close games. Regardless, on more than half the nights, the 2nd team will close out the other team.

I have my money on Zags at -2.5, and I feel better about it after watching Seth Davis say that they'll cruise easily. I'll agree with him in saying that TT doesn't have the size inside to hang with the Zags.

ojsdaman
03-19-2005, 02:40 PM
contentless- thankyou for that insight and link..i appreciate it...good luck today and go celts

smartalecc5
03-19-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have my money on Zags at -2.5, and I feel better about it after watching Seth Davis say that they'll cruise easily. I'll agree with him in saying that TT doesn't have the size inside to hang with the Zags.

[/ QUOTE ]

10 seconds left, doesnt look so good.

ojsdaman
03-19-2005, 05:04 PM
sorry content- hope the rest of your bets work out better tonight..i have been looking at UK a lot and i think i like them -2

contentless
03-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Damn Gonzaga, like every other college team, let their foot off the pedal.