PDA

View Full Version : 33 in the BB

Quad fours
03-19-2005, 12:39 PM
This is a very nice 3-6 game at the Borgata. I'm dealt 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB

Preflop: 3 Folds, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, I call. Pot size 10sb

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I check, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds, I call. Pot size 7 BB

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, MP1 bets, MP3 and CO both fold, I raise, MP1 calls Pot Size 11BB

River: 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, MP1 bets, I raise

This is where I don't like my play. I think I should probably bet this river and call a raise. My read was that MP1 had a big pair or A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. If he has 1010, he is going to three bet me and I think I have to make a crying call. Also, if he feels he is beat, he can check behind me. I think I got greedy. Flame away.

Luv2DriveTT
03-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Raise the flop. You missed gaining 3 small bets there. Slow play in this scenario is a waste of time.

Bet the turn.

Bet the river. And then raise away. Why are you even considering calling a river raise, you have the best hand.. keep raising till yoour opponent screams for mercy.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Elbie
03-19-2005, 02:03 PM
On the flop I like the initial check but it should be followed up by a raise. When MP1 bets as expected and get some calls, you now have both MP3 and CO trapped for two bets. If you get 3-betted by MP1 it is of course an easy cap.

I would then lead turn and try to get as many bets and raises in as possible.

The way you played it, what are you afraid of on the river. The only reasonable hand that beats you is TT

einbert
03-19-2005, 02:09 PM
I think you should have bet this flop, someone could have a 9 and a flush draw isn't going anywhere. Overcards will call too because of the size of the pot and they're drawing completely dead.

Given your flop play, I like the turn checkraise.

I think you should have bet the river too. But if your opponent raises you should three-bet and call a cap. He will have a flush here way more often than 9T or TT. By checkraising you probably only win two bets even from a high flush but by bet-threebetting you're sure to win three bets from anyone who will raise with a flush (and most players will here). Not too mention when he has a weak made hand he'll call your bet but check behind if you bet most of the time.

Quad fours
03-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Thanks guys. I really hated the way I played this. MP1 showed AA.

PassiveCaller
03-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Worrying about TT here is just silly. It's modeling your play towards a least common denominator of some sort.

If you think he hit his flush then it's probably going to be best to bet out and let him reraise you. I think you let off too many hands easy by going for a check-raise on this river.

We shouldn't be worrying about higher full houses here especially at this point with this action. Bust out the hammer and put some raises in.