PDA

View Full Version : KK miracle

Bongo
03-19-2005, 11:14 AM
I don't have the hand history for this one so stack sizes are not exact and I don't remember the suits of the cards.

10 handed NL $0.5/1 at Pacific.

I'm in the SB with KK. My stack=$90

Pre flop: Utg(stack~$100) bets $6, utg+1(Utg(stack~$100) calls, I raise to $40, BB(stack~$70) calls, utg folds, utg+1 folds.

Flop: (2 players) A x x
I check, BB checks.

turn: A x x Q
I check, BB checks.

River: A x x Q T (can it get any worse? No 3 flush though). Action goes Check- check. I show my kings and he mucks.

Should I have bet anywhere here? If he would have bet, should I then have folded?

Allinlife
03-19-2005, 12:19 PM
bet 1/2 ~ 2/3 the pot on flop

soah
03-19-2005, 01:19 PM
The guy put more than half his stack in preflop. I think at some point you need to see if he'll put the rest in. Unless he is actually passive enough to check it down the whole way with an ace. Otherwise, you have to assume that he's going to bet the rest of his chips at some point if he has you beaten, and you're going to have to call due to the size of the pot. So why only get the last $30 in the pot if you're losing or if he's bluffing? Why not try to get it in when you're winning too? Anyone bad enough to call off $40 preflop like that is likely to call off their last $30 if they have ANYTHING postflop.

Bongo
03-19-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone bad enough to call off $40 preflop like that is likely to call off their last $30 if they have ANYTHING postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point there. I probably missed out on $30. I froze up, just waitning for him to set me all in and take my stack. A pretty big mistake I must say.