PDA

View Full Version : Stats help

topspinner
03-19-2005, 09:51 AM
If anyone could look at my stats and offer some help, I would really appreciate it. These are from 1/2 -$ and lbs. I think my major leak is that I was playing too many hands from the small blind. Also, I know I don't bet the river enough with marginal hands, but it seems like everytime I do, I either get check raised or the guy folds. Thanks in advance for any help.
Stats (http://www.topspinner.50megs.com/cgi-bin/i/ptracker.JPG)

spider
03-19-2005, 10:07 AM
My first thought was you should defend less from BB and steal more.

But after seeing your nearly 5 BB/100 winrate: I think you should move up in limits and figure out if you are lucky or good.

Many would say 20k hands is nothing, which is true is some sort of statistical sense. But personally, 5 BB/100 over 20k hands is plenty good for me to take a shot at a higher limit. The usual caveats applying, of course.

topspinner
03-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Spider thanks for replying. I think you are right about not trying to steal enough. I looked at the times that I tried to steal and I won .49 bb/hand and about 25% of all of the money that I had won. In regards to defending the bb, I lost .18/hand and also won 60% when I went to showdown, those numbers don't seem too out of line. What should the optimum steal and defend BB be for shorthanded games?

As far as moving up, I still don't think I am ready. Most of my wins come playing against bad players. When I play against good players, I am break even at best.

spider
03-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah, just to be clear, I don't think the BB defense is way off or affecting your winrate much. The under-stealing is definitely a bigger concern. I'll defer to others on what is a good defense rate at 1/2.

FWIW, most of my stats are at 5/10 where I fold BB to steal 59% of the time for a per hand loss of .15. I presume blind stealing to represent a bigger hand at 1/2, which is why I think you're defending a little too much.

[ QUOTE ]
As far as moving up, I still don't think I am ready. Most of my wins come playing against bad players. When I play against good players, I am break even at best.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you don't feel ready, that's reason enough. But there are lots of bad players at higher limits too./images/graemlins/grin.gif

Silverback
03-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Do you multitable, if so how many at a time?

Do you look for certain types of tables

Your vpip is a bit high, can you give any indication on starting hands or any positional stats?

Biggest winning and losing hands in each position?

Att to steal the blinds is low, which is why id be interested in seeing more info.

Your aggression on the river looks low.

Whats your folded to river bet?

All in all looks good, some aspects like won when seeing flop, went to showgown and won at show down should possibly be slightly better, but maybe 20k hands to early to tell

Good bb/100 so far, hope it continues for you.

raccon
03-20-2005, 06:25 AM
I've just started playing 1/2 6-max too, but I've been much tighter (like 19/10) since my post-flop play has probably many big leaks.

Do you feel confident about your post-flop play? If not, tighten up.

What hands are you stealing with? Do you always steal or is it depending on player reads (playerview & gametime etc.)?