PDA

View Full Version : All In!

prkchpcwby
03-19-2005, 04:21 AM
i got a-x and raise pre flop two to the right of the button. flop comes with 3 4 10 (under cards).The trun brings a deuce. my buddy bets 250, i announce "raise" and before i decidfe how much to riase, he calls all in. so i make it only five. he shows his hand and announces, "i got u beat unless u got a-5." i assume my riase had him covered and show my ace high, with out saying anything. Is it my fault for assuming i had him covered or his for showing his hand?

Stew
03-19-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i got a-x and raise pre flop two to the right of the button. flop comes with 3 4 10 (under cards).The trun brings a deuce. my buddy bets 250, i announce "raise" and before i decidfe how much to riase, he calls all in. so i make it only five. he shows his hand and announces, "i got u beat unless u got a-5." i assume my riase had him covered and show my ace high, with out saying anything. Is it my fault for assuming i had him covered or his for showing his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I hope you were drunk when you posted this b/c I sure wasn't when I read it and it makes no sense to me.

multifast1
03-19-2005, 11:17 AM
He's saying his buddy made 2 blunders. First, his friend called All-in before he decided how much he was raising.. out of turn. THEN, his friend showed his hand before he even decided if he would call his all-in. Remember, he only commited to the raise at this point and not the all-in his buddy made yet.

jojobinks
03-19-2005, 11:42 AM
the board was 234T.

the nuts was 56, not A5.

i'd call that an extra blunder.

TN_POKER_MAN
03-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Do you guys play that rule where subsequent raises must equal or exceed previous bets/raises?

If that is the case, your buddy bet $250 and you'd be obligated to raise by at least $250.

We play where subsequent raises and bets are equal to the size of big blind, regardless of previous bets and raises.

Before you showed your ace, did you say "call"? If not, you could be an ass and tell him that his hand is dead because he revealed his cards before somebody called his all-in raise.

I'd probably just laugh at him and throw him a nickel and tell him that you're folding to his all-in raise and that if he hadn't been so quick to act that he might have gotten more out of you.

Stew
03-19-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys play that rule where subsequent raises must equal or exceed previous bets/raises?

If that is the case, your buddy bet $250 and you'd be obligated to raise by at least $250.

We play where subsequent raises and bets are equal to the size of big blind, regardless of previous bets and raises.

Before you showed your ace, did you say "call"? If not, you could be an ass and tell him that his hand is dead because he revealed his cards before somebody called his all-in raise.

I'd probably just laugh at him and throw him a nickel and tell him that you're folding to his all-in raise and that if he hadn't been so quick to act that he might have gotten more out of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's several problems with this and the original post in general. First off, the original post was so poorly written it's hard to ascertain certain critical information.

With regards to your situation, the poster (not the "all-in caller") did announce "Raise" before his opponent did anything, so he is bound to make the minimum raise. After that, I'd say that since the other player said, "call" first he can only call the raise and can't re-raise any (if in fact he would have had any chips left after the posters raise).

Further, the "all-in caller's" hand is not necessarily dead, that would have to depend on the rules governing the tournament (I'm assuming it is a tournament) and this is true whether he is all-in or if he has chips left to bet with.