PDA

View Full Version : Ok Just got PT need some help..

zaxx19
03-19-2005, 02:50 AM
1)How the hell do you use gametime +...a step by step would be great as I keep getting the old info on the HUD from the 1st time i ran it....blah

2) A step by step on datamining at PP would also be great.

3) A description of how yu guys integrate all of this into your play with specifics...seems kinda cumbersome.

zaxx19
03-19-2005, 03:05 AM
Bump myself....i thought this was the forum for the hardcore PT people could I get some assistance?

mack848
03-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Can't answer the GT+ question - I use Playerview.

I'll take a stab at the mining question though.

1. In PT, click 'Auto import', then 'OK'.
2. Click 'Configure Import of Hand History Files'
3. Enter where the HH files are (C:\program files\Party Poker). Enter a folder for each skin ie. C:\program files\Empire Poker
4. Tick the 'Do not store actual hand histories' box.

PT is now looking for Observed hands, as well as played hands.

4. Open 4 tables at each Party skin.

In no time you will have 1000's of hands

Mack

mack848
03-19-2005, 08:16 AM
As for how I integrate it . .

Due to the size that the dbases get to when datamining, I start a new dbase every 2 months. If i had a better pc, I probably wouldn't need to do this.

I only mine at the time of day I play - again to avoid unnessary data.

When I start to play, I open 4 tables at Party and 4 at Empire and wait for 15-20 minutes. When I return, I will have some stats on most players and loads on some (from mining). I now join the waiting lists of the best games.

I often refuse a seat when I get to the front of the queue, as I look for seats to the left of a bad player.

I always have 8 tables open, even though I play 3 or 4. This means that I have a good idea of where to move to when a table I am playing dries up.

Having the stats displayed below each player using Playerview is a fantastic aid.

Mind you, all this doen't mean I win though!

Mack

KaBoom
03-19-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mind you, all this doen't mean I win though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You have to win big with all this effort of finding a good table and sitting at the best seat. Otherwise it's not fair!!

KaBoom
03-19-2005, 03:24 PM
I can't get the new version of GT+ to work. Will try again and then come back with instructions. The old version was easy. I learned lots about it at the pokertracker.com forums.

KaBoom
03-19-2005, 03:41 PM
Question 1) (copypasted from pokertracker forum)

Instructions:

1. Download and run the setup program.
2. Run GameTime+.
3. Make sure PokerTracker is running and importing hand histories.
4. Play poker.
5. As you open tables in your favorite poker site, click the + button in GameTime+ to enable stat overlays for the table you're playing on. If it isn't listed, wait a minute or two, because PokerTracker hasn't imported yet.
6. The program works with all poker sites, but the initial layout is optimized for Party. No biggie, though. Just drag the stat boxes to wherever you want them. The program will remember their new locations.

Question 2)Already answered

3) bet-the-pot.com has some good advice and NL autorate rules.