PDA

View Full Version : When do I back off?

Luv2DriveTT
03-19-2005, 02:29 AM
MP1 is a calling station, with a vpip of 65%. Button & the blinds are super tight, the pf raise in the CO is an isolation play. If MP1 has an ace, will he call, or will he raise once we are heads up?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (6.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

I was trying to push him out if he was calling down with the flush draw, I don't like it in hindsight against this player, it sucked. Opinions?

chesspain
03-19-2005, 02:40 AM
So you bet the river against a calling station when there are practically no worse hands he could have with which he will call, and no better hands with which he will fold?

Luv2DriveTT
03-19-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you bet the river against a calling station when there are practically no worse hands he could have with which he will call, and no better hands with which he will fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said... the river sucked. Thats why I included the river mistake so I can wallow in shame. how about the rest?

TT

chesspain
03-19-2005, 03:01 AM
I'm kinda iffy on the isolation raise, although I guess it's O.K. since you thought you had a very good chance of getting it heads-up. The flop and the turn are fine.

Luv2DriveTT
03-19-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda iffy on the isolation raise, although I guess it's O.K. since you thought you had a very good chance of getting it heads-up. The flop and the turn are fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Michael Davis
03-19-2005, 03:04 AM
I agree. I think the river bet is fine against a solid player who might fold K /images/graemlins/spade.gif as there don't seem to be many hands he could have. Against this guy, betting the river is totally futile.

-Michael