PDA

View Full Version : Straight flush drought ends in Royal!

Fins
03-19-2005, 02:24 AM
OK, so it was a crazy game but still lately I've been a sucker for chasing the straight flush! Just been awhile and I felt obliged. The game was 3-2-1 played like hold 'em 'cept 6 cards on the board laid as stated split hi/lo no declare and 5 (that's right five hole cards) with 7 better low (best 5). So I get AsKs7dXX and the flop comes QsJsTs... HELLO ROYAL!... what do I get in this LAG game fold-fold-fold-call-fold-call-fold... geezzz... ends up as only a $12 pot (most my $'s) 'cause the other joker took my scoop w/ 6 low... oh, well c'est la vie! It's just that I ended the night with my biggest loss in the last few months /images/graemlins/mad.gif Anyway, just thought I'd start a post for your rencent exciting home game hands - though I did get back to back quad deuces last week online for a nice profit /images/graemlins/grin.gif!

- Fins

tomb1
03-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Good going, Fins!

Thursday I was chasing a Royal:
pocket A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
got Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif X on the flop
kept a few others in with moderate bets
10 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the Turn, so no Royal
J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the River
kept lots of interest in the pot, and got out with a plain straight, but almost...

RunDownHouse
03-19-2005, 09:11 PM
The other day at 6max, in the SB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif, flop comes:

FLOP: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I actually got a good sized pot out of it, which was quite a surprise.

rdu $teve
03-21-2005, 01:49 AM
My only Royal ever, the villian check-raised and capped me, with 4 spades on the board. He only had the broadway straight. Genius