PDA

View Full Version : Ouch. my eyes hurt.

KidPokerX
03-19-2005, 01:33 AM
Optometrists?
Every monitor I have ever had has made my eyes burn after 2-3 hours of working. It is not unbearable, just annoying. Im curious if others have this problem - but maybe over a longer period of time? Maybe I just need more frequent rests from the bright monitor. Also, I've tried turning down the resolution on both monitors, but it does nothing for my sensitive blue eyes.

We're all poker players, therefore I understand and feel free to knock my weakness (as I would do the same to you).

I'll keep checking back.
Thanks in advance for all the ridiculing remarks :P

tbach24
03-19-2005, 01:34 AM
http://home.online.no/~hungva/images/E-2_166-Catherine_Bell.jpg

KidPokerX
03-19-2005, 01:37 AM
mmmm ... thanks brother, my eyes are starting to feel better already!
Im saving this for my background.
You the man.

-KidPokerX

Brain
03-19-2005, 01:37 AM
My eyes didn't hurt, but I feel better anyway!

Popinjay
03-19-2005, 01:46 AM
CRT or LCD? If CRT try to up your refresh rate as high as possible. If you can get up to 100hz (safely) then your eyes should be okay.

If LCD you should be fine. A good rec I've heard is that after every hour you're on the comp to look up and stare at the ceiling for 30 or so seconds.

deacsoft
03-19-2005, 01:53 AM
It's because you never really used them before.
At least, not before seeing that beautiful Bell.

KidPokerX
03-19-2005, 01:55 AM
I have one CRT and one LCD, the LCD is for poker.

I will take your advice and begin doing this. You are probably right, it may just be that my eyes need something solid (not flashing 100 times/second at me) to focus on now and then.

I'll try it out. Thanks for the help, jay.

KidPokerX
03-19-2005, 01:56 AM
lol. That's not true, I have my own beautiful Bell to look at each and every morning.

ah crap, now I have to go knock on wood.

Keep it real, buddy. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

-KidPokerX

PassiveCaller
03-19-2005, 02:22 AM
Physical pain is for the weak.

PokerCat69
03-19-2005, 02:26 AM
Buy an eye drop called: "Thera Tears".

deacsoft
03-19-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol. That's not true, I have my own beautiful Bell to look at each and every morning.

ah crap, now I have to go knock on wood.

Keep it real, buddy. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

-KidPokerX

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! That's all that matters. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

3rdEye
03-19-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Optometrists?
Every monitor I have ever had has made my eyes burn after 2-3 hours of working. It is not unbearable, just annoying. Im curious if others have this problem - but maybe over a longer period of time? Maybe I just need more frequent rests from the bright monitor. Also, I've tried turning down the resolution on both monitors, but it does nothing for my sensitive blue eyes.

We're all poker players, therefore I understand and feel free to knock my weakness (as I would do the same to you).

I'll keep checking back.
Thanks in advance for all the ridiculing remarks :P

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had this problem, but I'm not multi-tabling fiends like most 2+2ers.

I've played Halo for at least 4-5 straight hours on my laptop without any immediately noticeable adverse reactions.

3rdEye
03-19-2005, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Physical pain is for the weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus sprach Zarathustra.

KidPokerX
03-19-2005, 05:38 PM
"but my eyes hurt real bad ... god!"