PDA

View Full Version : 15 outs on the Flop

CardSharpCook
03-19-2005, 01:06 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

300 of 800 left, I am a little over 2X the avg.
BB (t3640)
Hero (t7155)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls t250.

Flop: (t875) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t350</font>, BB raises all-in t3240, Hero calls t2890.

My read was instantaneos (PP, probably 77-99), as was my action. This is an auto-call, is it not?

CSC

MLG
03-19-2005, 01:10 AM
you need to be careful about putting opponents precisely on the range of hands that you beat. I think you have a tendency to do that. In this spot though, yes I think its a pretty easy call.

CardSharpCook
03-19-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you need to be careful about putting opponents precisely on the range of hands that you beat. I think you have a tendency to do that. In this spot though, yes I think its a pretty easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair criticism. thx.

CSC

bugstud
03-19-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair criticism. thx.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's a fair chance of a second flush draw too, btw. Not that I fold this

CardSharpCook
03-19-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair criticism. thx.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's a fair chance of a second flush draw too, btw. Not that I fold this

[/ QUOTE ]

My reasoning for the mid PP read (though remember, this is instantaneous, not thought out) is that this player tends to be agro PF - a very solid player. This knowledge coupled with the call PF from the BB (out of character) and joined with the not threatening board made this look like a "take it down while it is still good" move. I did not believe this was a pure bluff, and I felt that she would have played back at me PF with an ace with a kicker. I agree that another flush draw would be possible, for this solid player the flush draw would be with 78 or 9T.

CSC

CardSharpCook
03-19-2005, 01:34 AM
I do suppose it could have been a "play" though. Maybe she had AA and didn't want another card to give me a flush draw?

CSC