PDA

View Full Version : Kansas

Michael Davis
03-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Dead blows another first round game.

-Michael

MEbenhoe
03-19-2005, 01:01 AM
Thats what Simien gets for fading away on that shot instead of going up straight.

Dead
03-19-2005, 01:01 AM
Yeah, like you didn't, Michael Davis.

Gimme a [censored] break.

istewart
03-19-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, like you didn't, Michael Davis.

Gimme a [censored] break.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

AngryCola
03-19-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Die

MEbenhoe
03-19-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Die

[/ QUOTE ]

my condolences to you AC

Dead
03-19-2005, 01:04 AM
Hey MD.

It's easy to criticize other people's picks when you didn't post yours.

Please show me your bracket where you picked Bucknell over Kansas. I don't think anyone on 2+2 did.

bugstud
03-19-2005, 01:05 AM
This is what you get for employing Self /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tbach24
03-19-2005, 01:10 AM
You make yourself an easy target when you react like this.

Dead
03-19-2005, 01:11 AM
I don't care.

I shouldn't be chastised for picking Kansas over Bucknell. No one saw this coming. That's why they call it March MADNESS. Upsets happen. They're almost impossible to predict.

istewart
03-19-2005, 01:12 AM
LOL

tbach24
03-19-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care.

I shouldn't be chastised for picking Kansas over Bucknell. No one saw this coming. That's why they call it March MADNESS. Upsets happen. They're almost impossible to predict.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? No team has that much of an edge over another team. Because of this, the varience will be high and there will be a low chance of predictability.

Dead
03-19-2005, 01:17 AM
I agree somewhat.

There is definitely much more parity now than there used to be. But I think that Kansas is a much better team than Bucknell, and that Syracuse is a much better team than Vermont.

7-10's and 6-11's don't surprise me.

But both Kansas and SU underachieved tonight. That's why they lost.

What I don't like are idiotic posts like this.

tbach24
03-19-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why? No team has that much of an edge over another team. Because of this, the varience will be high and there will be a low chance of predictability.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
There is definitely much more parity now than there used to be. But I think that Kansas is a much better team than Bucknell, and that Syracuse is a much better team than Vermont.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about it again. In poker terms: AKs vs. QQ, does QQ always win? Well, in a nutshell, we have 32 of these matchups.

Michael Davis
03-19-2005, 01:21 AM
"Think about it again. In poker terms: AKs vs. QQ, does QQ always win? Well, in a nutshell, we have 32 of these matchups."

That's why 16 seeds have been burning up the brackets in recent years.

-Michael

pshreck
03-19-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Think about it again. In poker terms: AKs vs. QQ, does QQ always win? Well, in a nutshell, we have 32 of these matchups.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. Just look at vegas odds on many of these games. 1 vs 16 seeds are the ovbious ones, but there are other games where one team is considered to have a considerable edge.

ttleistdci
03-19-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey MD.

It's easy to criticize other people's picks when you didn't post yours.

Please show me your bracket where you picked Bucknell over Kansas. I don't think anyone on 2+2 did.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom had Bucknell. No lie.
I'm going through the sheets for my pool, and as I'm crossing Kansas off of everyone's sheets, I come across one with Bucknell. Glance up to see who the f*ck did that...my mom.
WTF?

tbach24
03-19-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. Just look at vegas odds on many of these games. 1 vs 16 seeds are the ovbious ones, but there are other games where one team is considered to have a considerable edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it's not correct. I was just trying to draw a similar situation from the poker world that he might understand.

pshreck
03-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Whatever.

You had an earlier post saying no team has that much of an edge. Also completely wrong, and the Vermont and Bucknell wins were huge upsets, not to be chalked up to Cuse and Kansas not having a significant edge, which they both did.

Dead
03-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Hey I picked Hampton over Iowa State 3 or 4 years ago. The 15 upset the two. It doesn't make me a genius. Upsets happen. 3 out of my 4 FF teams got knocked out in that bracket though.

Brain
03-19-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree somewhat.

What I don't like are idiotic posts like this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1945597&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=Syracuse&Searchpage=0&Limit=2 5&Main=1944946&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=2737 0&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&old ertype=&bodyprev=#Post1945597).

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

istewart
03-19-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree somewhat.

What I don't like are idiotic posts like this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1945597&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=Syracuse&Searchpage=0&Limit=2 5&Main=1944946&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=2737 0&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&old ertype=&bodyprev=#Post1945597).

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice.

tbach24
03-19-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever.

You had an earlier post saying no team has that much of an edge. Also completely wrong, and the Vermont and Bucknell wins were huge upsets, not to be chalked up to Cuse and Kansas not having a significant edge, which they both did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously their edges weren't as big as you assumed. Before the 'Cuse game, I'd put them at a 60/40 edge, tops. Obviously that's an edge I'll take, but it's by no means a significant edge.

tbach24
03-19-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

pshreck
03-19-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously their edges weren't as big as you assumed. Before the 'Cuse game, I'd put them at a 60/40 edge, tops. Obviously that's an edge I'll take, but it's by no means a significant edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

60/40 tops for a 13 vs. a 4? Call the bookmakers, they will want your bets.

Dead
03-19-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was obviously a tongue-in-cheek post. Notice the big grin at the end of it.

namknils
03-19-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this new trend. LOL!

bugstud
03-19-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then starting taking the +400 moneylines you were getting on bucknell today

tbach24
03-19-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then starting taking the +400 moneylines you were getting on bucknell today

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a reason I don't gamble (too much) on sports. It's because I'm no good and in general don't know too much what I'm talking about.