PDA

View Full Version : DId i play this like a fish??

Sixth_Rule
03-19-2005, 12:41 AM
Party 3/6

Hero has A /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif
in MP2

folded to Hero who raises, folded to Button who 3bets folded back to Hero who calls

Flop---> T /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero Checks , Button bets , Hero raises , Button 3 bets , hero calls

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

hero checks,button bets, Hero calls
River A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

hero checks,button bets, Hero calls

KidPokerX
03-19-2005, 01:03 AM
This is a strictly read-dependent play. Does he have the J?
Well, has he been a quiet little rock, finally exposing himself ... or has he been a player known to 3-bet a draw or weak pair?
One thing you should remember (if you already don't) is that since you called his 3-bet, you thought there was a strong chance that you still had the best hand. Because of this, the turn did not scare you, and the river really should not scare you either (although he could have had KQ drawing to broadway).
I don't think the call down was a bad play. Although he missed his heart draw (if he was drawing), the river obviously didn't scare him since he bet at it. More often than not this means he has a J, but in theory it's strictly read dependent.
Nice post, I hope this is a start.

-KidPokerX

ewile
03-19-2005, 01:03 AM
I vote not a fish. Opponent has shown constant aggression. You could be up against a higher PP and the river really screwed you if hes got AK.

Check call turn/r is OK here I think.

MisterKing
03-19-2005, 01:11 AM
If we're ahead, we want to get the max from villian while minimizing his drawing odds. If we're behind, we want to avoid tying ourselves to the pot early by pumping chips in. I think this means leading out on the flop and just calling a raise. Re-evaluate on the turn, and of course incorporate whatever read(s) you have.

Personally, I think you're in big trouble when he 3-bets you on the flop. Not many hands he could be holding that you can beat there. Do you put him on an OESD? I doubt it -- Q9 and KQ are probably not going for 3 bets pre-flop, unless suited... and I doubt KsQs is three-betting the flop.

Overpairs have you cooked, as they may be freerolling on a backdoor flush, and your best hope is a straight on a paired flush board. One word: ugly. Slow down when he 3-bets, and bail unimproved on the turn. If you're gonna stay for the river, and find that ace, you may be good with aces up against villian's kings or queens up, though KQ has caught you on this card.

Luv2DriveTT
03-19-2005, 01:15 AM
alternate option.... against the right player cap the flop, Bet out on the turn.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Sixth_Rule
03-19-2005, 01:20 AM
he had Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

this had me baffled with the three bet
i think i should have let go on the turn

MisterKing
03-19-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
alternate option.... against the right player cap the flop, Bet out on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You better have a solid read to do this. 99% of the time I think capping the flop sucks donkey balls. He has position on you, and many hands he'll be playing here can easily draw out.

KidPokerX
03-19-2005, 01:49 AM
i agree. i would take TT's advice with a grain of salt. He is not thinking of a general concept, but rather a specific instance. If you want to win, stick to solid play, and deviate from there accordingly.

KidPokerX
03-19-2005, 01:51 AM
Rule #1: Results don't matter.

You could have not posted these results and the answers would be the same. Of course after you look at the hand do you kick yourself for not folding the turn, but poker isn't played like this. You do not have perfect information, therefore you must make the best play which will be the best play many times over. Please stop thinking like this as soon as possible.

Luv2DriveTT
03-19-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i agree. i would take TT's advice with a grain of salt. He is not thinking of a general concept, but rather a specific instance. If you want to win, stick to solid play, and deviate from there accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It is an alternate option when you know your opponent's tendancies.

MisterKing
03-19-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It is an alternate option when you know your opponent's tendancies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'll try it on you if I end up at the same table some time at the Borg just for kicks.

Luv2DriveTT
03-19-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'll try it on you if I end up at the same table some time at the Borg just for kicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either it will confuse the hell out of me, or I will re-raise with my J /images/graemlins/grin.gif

By the way, where DO you live?
I may not be in AC for another month or so, too much traveling again.

MisterKing
03-19-2005, 02:56 AM
DC... sadly 3+ hours from 1 Borgata Way. But I've still managed to make the trip once a month or so last few months. I'll be up there again end of the month, prob. sitting 6/12.