PDA

View Full Version : How's my frop pran?

sfer
03-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Commerce 20/40. I openraise UTG+2 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB a loose aggro tendencies player calls, and retarded loose erratic BB calls.

Frop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to me, I bet, SB calls, which means he has a pair or an Ace or a gutshot, BB checkraises meaning he has two crubs, a K, a set, or some odd 2-pair. I think for a second, consider 3-betting, but decide I'm going to raise any turn card that isn't a crub so I can force these two jokers to pay the max and take a free showdown since I'm ahead of like 70% of the range of hands they might have and most of those hands want to see a river cheap. Okay?

jt1
03-18-2005, 10:15 PM
That's what I do when I think I'm probably ahead but would like a free showdown. However, don't you think the retard would 3 bet his flush draw? And what would you do? You can't fold the turn, but you'd have to fold the river, right?

Entity
03-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Would he do this with QJ?

Me rikey.

gaming_mouse
03-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Are you really ahead of 70% of their range of hands? I'd think it's about 70% that BB has a K, unless he was REALLY a LAG. Even if he calls w/ any two suited, is c/r'ing a flush draw in middle relative position that likely a play for him? I'm not saying it's not possible, but it seems the simplest explanation is that he really does have a K.

Am I thinking too tight?

mr pink
03-18-2005, 11:01 PM
what's the plan if you get 3-bet? dump it?

jt1
03-18-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what's the plan if you get 3-bet? dump it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have odds to catch an out that will probably make a winner against a 3 bet by this guy or anyone else for that matter. You can fold the river but if this guy would check raise a draw then he might 3 bet it and lead the river also. I like this play, but against extreme LAG's or maniacs it is best to just call down.

Shillx
03-18-2005, 11:36 PM
BB checkraises meaning he has two crubs, a K, a set, or some odd 2-pair.

Do you really have enough equity on the turn to push it? If the turn bricks out you are looking at 55 possible ways he can have a flush draw. There are about 100 ways he can have a king plus 21 for 2-pair and 4 for a set (not including KKK). Your equity against those ~125 hands is 10.8%. You have 70% equity against QJ and 80% against the flush draw. So your total equity is:

Equity: .68*.108 + .28*.8 + .08*.7 = ~35%

Granted it won't always be this high because the 3rd player will take some from you, but you probably have about 30% equity should a blank fall. Since you have enough to call down, it is best to get that extra bet in should everyone be drawing. This hand looks fine to me.

Brad

Mike Gallo
03-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Dave,

Sounds good.

My, you have changed, last year you would have three bet without a second thought.

masonx
03-19-2005, 12:24 AM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nolanfan34
03-19-2005, 01:28 AM
Dare I say, prerfrect?

What if the A /images/graemlins/club.gif hits the turn? Call a bet and fold the river if you don't fill up?

sfer
03-20-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you really ahead of 70% of their range of hands? I'd think it's about 70% that BB has a K, unless he was REALLY a LAG. Even if he calls w/ any two suited, is c/r'ing a flush draw in middle relative position that likely a play for him? I'm not saying it's not possible, but it seems the simplest explanation is that he really does have a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very specific read I had on him given how he had played for the prior 90 minutes. His standard line would not have been to check/call, bet the turn with a Kx hand.

sfer
03-20-2005, 12:06 PM
The rest of the hand is uninteresting.

I called the flop raise and the SB called. The turn was the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, they checked to me and I bet, they both called.

The river was a small spade making the board K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif x /images/graemlins/spade.gif, they checked, I bet, SB called, and the BB pulled ye olde shuffle/shuffle/scowl/muck and MHWG.

me454555
03-20-2005, 12:10 PM
I've strated 3 betting a lot more flop checkraises lately b/c I can't always count on a flush draw to bet the turn.