PDA

View Full Version : Flushing the toilet at night while staying at someone's house

Voltron87
03-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Let's say you are staying with a friend overnight, but the friend has other family living there as well who you do not know as well. You can't sleep, and get up at night to use the bathroom for #1. It's the kind of trip where you didn't drink that much, but it went right through you and you feel the need to go. The bathroom is right next to your friend's parents' room (insert other family member you don't know but don't want to alienate), so a flush might wake them up. A flush also seems a little excessive in this certain situation. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Ianco15
03-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Always flush at someone else's house.

Voltron87
03-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Even a dribble dribble?

9/10 times it isn't close for me. This is just one specific night time situation.

scotty34
03-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Reminds me of the time when I crashed at my buddy's place after getting hammered at the bar. Got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, still completely hammered. Use it, flush, then leave. In my drunk state, also considering I didn't really know the house, instead of walking into my room, I walked into his parent's room, sat down on the bed, and woke them up. I totally forgot I even did this the next morning, until later that day my buddy asks me why I went to his parents room last night. I am definetly going to feel quite awkward next time I see them.

Sorry, somewhat off topic, but the thread just reminded me of my amusing anecdote (well amusing to me anyways).

ethan
03-18-2005, 10:34 PM
If you're really so concerned about this, then just piss in the sink.

Or, you could realize that those other family members probably have the usual bodily functions and as such understand that toilets will be flushed from time to time.

Voltron87
03-18-2005, 10:36 PM
I just would feel bad about waking my friend's parents up at 2:30 in the morning for no good reason. Maybe it's a weak-tight attitude towards strangers.

Ianco15
03-18-2005, 10:37 PM
If you can notice that the toilet has been used than I would say flush it. People will understand what the noise is. However if you cannot even tell that someone took a piss cause it was so little, you can leave it unflushed.

ethan
03-18-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just would feel bad about waking my friend's parents up at 2:30 in the morning for no good reason. Maybe it's a weak-tight attitude towards strangers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then. That's why I suggested the sink as an alternative /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Voltron87
03-18-2005, 10:47 PM
The thing is when you drink water like an idiot on an empty stomach before goign to bed you have to go 2-3 times if you can't sleep. This really bugged me.

bort411
03-19-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say removing your bodily waste from their home is a good reason. Then again I am a LAG when it comes to strangers.