PDA

View Full Version : Calling Stations

Sanctus47
03-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Hi All, I'm fairly new to poker (900,000ish hands) but I turn a small profit. I play mostly online at Party, 10/20's 6 max. The thing is too offen the table I'm at I can't seem to fold out anyone's hand and someone almost always beats me with a wild card on the turn or river.
I wouldn't mind playing against a wild player heads up but because the whole table seems to play that way I run into a three out hands way to many times that I'm in a hand. Also something else I've noticed is when i'm getting slow cards I can't for the live of me turn any money.
I guess what I'm asking for is any help anyone could give a fairly new online player. Considering that my main weakness seems to min range cards and how to take the most money from calling stations players.

Thanks Sanctus

(p.s. if anyone would be kind and e-mail me 200 hands of a game where they were getting cold cards but still had a good game I would be very grateful.)

A_C_Slater
03-18-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm also new to the game (about 5 billionish hands or so) and I have trouble in certain situations that seem to be happening to me constantly. Example :

Some guy who just sits there folding all the time will raise with his AK or AA or whatever from under the gun. And I call with my 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif from the button because I figure that I can get him to pay off big if I hit my flush because he's so overaggressive whenever he raises preflop. The blinds called as well and the flop comes:

2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, UTG guy bets, I call because he would bet AK on a flop like this one cause he's crazy and so I could have him beat, right?

SB folds, BB calls.

TURN :2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, I call his possible bluff, BB folds.

RIVER: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Yes! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I hit my trips, UTG bets again (so predictable) and I raise, UTG reraises, and I just call and the tight folder dude shows A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I'll have these tight folders beat all the way, and then they back into their lucky draw that they bet all the way and I keep losing this way! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

My reads are right about 40% of the time, but I still can't win. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

You see,I knew he had AK I just didn't think that he might have had the hearts as well. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif