PDA

View Full Version : How about a seperate category for "Poker Chips"?

Kinnipak
03-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Just my two cents...but how about seperate category for "Poker Chip" talk instead of having all the posts in "home poker"?

Any thoughts gang?

TenPercenter
03-18-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just my two cents...but how about seperate category for "Poker Chip" talk instead of having all the posts in "home poker"?

Any thoughts gang?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd vote for this. At least have one for "poker gear", cards, chips, tables, etc. Then Home Poker can be for discussing home poker PLAYING.

Ten

Eric H
03-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Very good idea!

ricochet420
03-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Aye!

ncskiier
03-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Is a poll in order?

Cin0s3
03-18-2005, 09:52 PM
I say we get the king of polls to put one up

Civiliste
03-18-2005, 09:52 PM
I cast my 'aye' for this proposition

-Zak

warewulf
03-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

theRealMacoy
03-18-2005, 10:27 PM
hear, hear!

definately sounds like a great idea to have a separate forum.

cheers,
the Real Macoy

deathtoau
03-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Poker gear and supplies sounds like a winner.

Fins
03-19-2005, 01:33 AM
I'm actually going to vote no as I think this is the place for these topics but at the same time I wish there was more talk of home games / situations etc...

I think if you wish the topics would lean another way than post accordingly. I certainly agree there have been a lot of "gear" topics and posts more related to home game situations would refreshing but I don't think a seperate category is necessary.

My 2¢,
Fins

theRealMacoy
03-19-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually going to vote no as I think this is the place for these topics but at the same time I wish there was more talk of home games / situations etc...

I think if you wish the topics would lean another way than post accordingly. I certainly agree there have been a lot of "gear" topics and posts more related to home game situations would refreshing but I don't think a seperate category is necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Fins,

I respect your opinion but let me add a little more to my yes vote. I think with all the gear post, especially things like groups buys, any of the "playing home poker" posts get quickly moved to the bottom. With seperate formums the playing posts would get more opportunity for thourough discussion. It would certainly have far less traffic than the gear forum but perhaps it might get more attention this way. I am an avid home poker player and enjoy reading/talking about it but the constant gear gets a little boring IMO (hey, I'm not knocking all the chip posts as I like being an occasional voyeur it's just not my thing).

cheers,
the Real Macoy

chesspain
03-19-2005, 02:56 AM

Fins
03-19-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think with all the gear post, especially things like groups buys, any of the "playing home poker" posts get quickly moved to the bottom. With seperate formums the playing posts would get more opportunity for thourough discussion. It would certainly have far less traffic than the gear forum but perhaps it might get more attention this way.

[/ QUOTE ]
I see your point but it's just that I don't see that many non "gear" posts being moved down that's all. I was just wondering if folks following the forum elect not to post _because of_ all the "gear" related posts thinking they may be off topic.

[ QUOTE ]
I am an avid home poker player and enjoy reading/talking about it but the constant gear gets a little boring IMO (hey, I'm not knocking all the chip posts as I like being an occasional voyeur it's just not my thing)

[/ QUOTE ]
Who doesn't like eye candy! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Plus, I'm always up for improving my "gear"! It's the lack of a good FAQ that 'causes alot of the posts to become "boring" IMO

- Fins

iluzion
03-19-2005, 03:01 AM
i agree, lets see the "poker gear" forum ten suggested.

AngryCola
03-19-2005, 03:51 AM
No.
I don't like the idea.

Also, I doubt it will happen.

theRealMacoy
03-19-2005, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No.
I don't like the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay there we have it
no need for further discussion!?

ThinkQuick
03-19-2005, 06:11 AM
i said yes n/m

b8factor
03-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Yes from me.

Maybe becuase I am a chip freak, but I like to talk/collect/read/etc them all the time.

Does anyone know were I might get some Plaques? They seem to be scarce. I want to incorp them in a Holdem tourney to speed up the game when down to 4 players. No sense in pushing and restacking 400-1000 chips per hand. Plus it will zest up the game. And give a platofrm on which to push chips in on. haha

chipper57AA
03-19-2005, 11:03 AM
I'd vote for a separate forum. Would save time and energy from sifting through the actual home poker discusion. I troll here for the chips!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

faith
03-19-2005, 12:07 PM
-nm

JoshuaD
03-20-2005, 02:11 AM
Another yes vote.

SpaceMonkey9
03-20-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

abohlig
03-20-2005, 03:08 AM
I vote yes too.

The first couple of times I came across the 2+2 forums I left thinking there was not a forum for chips, gear etc. I was looking for discussion on chips so I left fully expecting to never return.

AB

AngryCola
03-20-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No.
I don't like the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay there we have it
no need for further discussion!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say that?
I was just giving my short opinion on the matter like quite a few others in this thread.