PDA

View Full Version : AN AMAZING QUESTION

Sinnister
03-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Ok heres the scenario playin 3/6 on truepoker
sitting in bb with 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

button calls sb calls

3 players total
and flop comes 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

i have flopped the nuts
SB checks, I check , button bets, turn is a 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
board is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I wanted to extract the most but this really hurt me, I thought that if i bet button might call thinkin im bluffing
he folds, how should i have played ths hand.

Should I have checkraised the flop?
should i have called then checked turn?

what could i have done to milk the hand???

J.R.
03-18-2005, 08:47 PM
bet the flop

Sinnister
03-18-2005, 08:49 PM
it was a rainbow and if everyone folded id be short

crunchy1
03-18-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

One thing I've started to realize is that you're rarely going to make any money with a hand/flop like this. I've found it's better to just bet out for a couple reasons:

(1) Anyone who does have a hand (i.e. button limping with AA) will give you action - probably lots of action cause they're non-believers that someone caught against their big hand when they limped to get action.

(2) The other limpers are probably limping with cards similiar to yours. It's easy to have a hand that is the nuts on the flop but far from the nuts on the turn. Bet out and charge these players to draw.

I think checkraising the flop is a viable line if you have a good read that button will bet. However, if it gets checked through - that's BAD! Since I'm trying to play in mostly passive games I'll only employ this line if I've got a known total LAG behind me.

I tend to favor the bet out line because of the non-believer theory - many of these low-limit players always think you're bluffing. It's truely amazing what they'll call down with. I know it sucks when you flop a monster and can't get any action but that's poker. You'll feel much better about leading out the day you do it and run into another monster hand that's drawing dead to you and is still capping every street!!

J.R.
03-18-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if everyone folded id be short

[/ QUOTE ]

why you gotta make this a height thing

CallMeIshmael
03-18-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

AN AMAZING ANSWER!

jason_t
03-18-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread over.

Harv72b
03-18-2005, 10:25 PM
If you bet out on the flop, your typical opponent(s) will assume that you, in order:

1) Flopped top pair.
2) Paired something else on the flop.
3) Have a pocket pair.
4) Are bluffing.
5) Have a draw.
6) Flopped a set.
7) Flopped 2 pair.
8) Hit the wrong button.
9) Flopped the nut straight.

You see why it's advantageous to bet the flop?

riffraff
03-18-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread over.

[/ QUOTE ]
none of us are that lucky.