PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite seat?

deacsoft
03-18-2005, 08:43 PM
This poll serves no purpose other than to satisfy a curiousity of mine. I'm well aware that there is no correlation between your seat and you starting hands. Lets just say it's a single table tourney so there's a way to choose your seat based on player styles. On sites like party (and skins) and Paradise, PokerStars, etc you can choose any seat if all are available. Do you have one you like to sit in? I multi-table, so I like to pick the same chair on each table if possible. That way I always know where I'm at. I like seat 10 (directly to the dealers right). No real reason. It also happens to be my least favorite seat (along with seat 1) while playing live. I can never see the othe end of the table.

MHarris
03-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Online, i don't really care where I sit. Live, I absolutely loathe the 1 and 10 seats, and don't like 2 or 9 much better, for the reasons you mentioned. Incidentally, the first live tourney I ever won, I sat in the 10 seat at the final table. I prefer the 7 seat, but I try to avoid being superstitious about things like that, because I'll drive myself nuts.

Sponger15SB
03-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Any of the corner seats.

TimM
03-19-2005, 03:01 AM
For 4-tabling, I rearrange them to get all my seats as close to the center of the screen as possible when I start.

But once I've played on a table for a while, I never move it even if other tables break and the new ones would fit better in an existing spot - it messes up my reads.

stinkypete
03-19-2005, 04:45 AM
i like seat 11.

SackUp
03-20-2005, 03:43 AM
I usually pick seat 7 when playing STT b/c it is the closest seat to click on when the table goes up in the top right corner. Gotta make sure I get a seat /images/graemlins/smile.gif Otherwise I could really care less.

AncientPC
03-21-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For 4-tabling, I rearrange them to get all my seats as close to the center of the screen as possible when I start.

But once I've played on a table for a while, I never move it even if other tables break and the new ones would fit better in an existing spot - it messes up my reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I thought I was the only one that did that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I usually seat myself depending on the location of the big stack / known maniacs rather than seat position in relation to dealer.

radek2166
03-21-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Online, i don't really care where I sit. Live, I absolutely loathe the 1 and 10 seats,

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur

Brom
03-21-2005, 04:39 AM
Rama or Port Perry? Brantford is 10 handed is it not?

Brom
03-21-2005, 04:46 AM
Online I usually play 4 tables at a time, and I like to have my seat corresponding with the specific corner of the screen that the game window is in. For example I like the 2 seat on the top right screen, the 4 seat on the bottom right, the 7 seat for the bottom left, and the 9 seat for the top left. I do this so that I can see all my cards at the same time while still having a window up in the centre of the screen. I just like to be able to stop reading 2+2 when I notice out the corner of the screen that I have AK on a table, so that I can watch the action proceed a little before I raise.

Live games I like the seats across from the dealer, 4-7. I find this makes it easier to see everything that is going on, read the board, see the players/action, turbo muck my cards, etc.