PDA

View Full Version : HU battle

Elbie
03-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Villain in this hand is laggish but with controlled aggression postflop. In no way a maniac.

The preflop cap? The lead out on the flop? The checkraise on the river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

einbert
03-18-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm not so sure about the PF cap with K high out of position, others may think otherwise.

I think you should either check/call or checkraise the flop. Villian isn't folding to a flop bet more than 2% of the time I believe. I prefer checkcalling actually, but checkraise if you think you might take it down. You might also have an equity edge though but I don't think have any folding equity this way. If you 3-bet the flop then lead the turn I think that would be better, but honestly I really like checkcalling against a lag here.

I like a turn check call.

I like a river checkraise.

jt1
03-18-2005, 07:47 PM
The thing about HU is that most players don't save an extra bet. Most players will either call down with Ace high or go to war on the flop and then after "loosing" the war, call down. In other words, going to war doesn't help any against average players.

With that hand, I'd call the preflop re-raise and check raise prety much every flop and if you still have the lead, I'd bet the turn.

crunchy1
03-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Once you get 3-bet PF and HU by a player like this I would expect two things:
(1) You may not be dominated - but you probably are beat by a pair or an ace
(2) He's going to showdown regardless so you're going to have to flop something.

I'd call the 3-bet PF and play the rest of the hand just like you did.