PDA

View Full Version : Another exposed card question

EasilyFound
03-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Was in a hand where I checked the flop, and reraised all-in after another play bet. I had him covered. The dealer inadvertantly begins to turn over the next card, but stops. My opponent, though, admitted he had seen the card. He said it did not help him and that he had already decided to fold. So I left it at that.

Is there a generally accepted rule that covers this situation?

Benholio
03-18-2005, 07:52 PM
I've always played with this rule:

"
4. If the dealer turns the fourth card on the board before the betting round is complete, the card is taken out of play for that round, even if subsequent players elect to fold. The betting is then completed. The dealer burns and turns what would have been the fifth card in the fourth card's place. After this round of betting, the dealer reshuffles the deck, including the card that was taken out of play, but not including the burncards or discards. The dealer then cuts the deck and turns the final card without burning a card. If the fifth card is turned up prematurely, the deck is reshuffled and dealt in the same manner. "

Taken from Ciaffone, and can be found here. (http://www.playwinningpoker.com/texas-holdem/rules/)