PDA

View Full Version : A little too much hold'em in me?

slavic
03-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>. CO Poster raises, Hero 3 bets, blinds folds, CO calls

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero Bets, CO calls

Turn: K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero Bets

djr
03-18-2005, 07:55 PM
don't see why you 3bet preflop.

But... now that you did he probably had a2 or weaker and tried to buy the pot. The board went high which you wanted. It happens often enough that someone will call the flop if at least one low card hits. Now that turn ruins any low hopes he'll probably fold if that's all he had going for himself. If he calls this bet, just check it behind on the river. You stand an ok shot of winning this but top pair ain't great by any means.

Buzz
03-18-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A little too much hold'em in me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

beset7
03-19-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A little too much hold'em in me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to it!

It's a hard transition to make. All HE players who pickup O8 have been there. It gets less and less tempting to play AK/AJ hands, suited or not, without strong low possibilities after a few brow beatings and the realization that you are losing on the rake when you split pots constantly. I put a little sticky on my monitor for a while that said "you are trying to scoop."

/images/graemlins/spade.gif b7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif