PDA

View Full Version : syracuse-vermont

Dubra
03-18-2005, 06:53 PM
what about this game? i see vermont has one good kid, it looks like its just going to be if vermonts D can contain warrick/mcnamara. i am thinking of taking the over on warricks points and rebounds (31). thoughts?

contentless
03-18-2005, 06:59 PM
I was initially thinking about Vermont at +9, but then I decided it was too dangerous. Coppenrath, the Vermont kid, is very good, and Vermont may even have made it into the tourney as an at-large if they didn't win the conference tournament, but the simple fact of the matter is that they just haven't been playing against great competition during the year. I look at it as either it's going to be really, really close (in which the spread doesn't count for jack), or Vermont is going to be blown out. What sealed the deal for me was looking at Vermont results against two ranked teams (the only two) this year.

11/19: #1 Kansas: L 68-61
12/21: #5 UNC: L 93-65

The over looks good for Warrick's points + rebs.

LLXC
03-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Yea, I have never been a fan of teams who only have 2 scorers...I guess that's why I was on New Mexico (they have 5 who score double digits on average a game). It was close...just the horrible first half got us.

Dubra
03-18-2005, 09:10 PM
yeah.... i am on the second half bigtime... some times you just gotta go for it..... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LLXC
03-18-2005, 09:13 PM
A lot of people like the Under 69 2H. I don't know...I'm staying away from that one.

LLXC
03-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Haha that under is looking great right now. Syracuse can't hit a thing, Vermont plays a slow pace game, and Syracuse and Vermonth are both committing a ton of Turnovers.

unlucky513
03-18-2005, 09:39 PM
as soon as the line came out on this game i bet vermont +10, and i bet it heavy...

lookin good so far

contentless
03-18-2005, 09:57 PM
This is one of the most poorly officiated games I have ever seen...at any level. Warrick is getting absolutely hammered, and that technical ranks up there in the pantheon of worst. calls. ever.

I'd be willing to bet that one of the refs has his money on Vermont.

mosuavea
03-18-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the most poorly officiated games I have ever seen...at any level. Warrick is getting absolutely hammered, and that technical ranks up there in the pantheon of worst. calls. ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this is one of the worst officiated games I have seen in quite awhile. Just terrible

CCx
03-18-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the most poorly officiated games I have ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

but regardless.... UPSET CITY - I LOVE MARCH!

mosuavea
03-18-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the most poorly officiated games I have ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

but regardless.... UPSET CITY - I LOVE MARCH!

[/ QUOTE ]

That took care of a maority of peoples brackets

Dead
03-19-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail right on the head.

GG Coach Brennan. You're a great guy for telling your kids to take dives whenever Warrick takes one step in your direction. That jump ball call on Warrick was ridiculous. Those kids had their hands all over his shoulders and arms.

And what ABOUT the Technical Foul call on Roberts for hanging on the rim? That's gotta be one of the worst calls EVER.