PDA

View Full Version : Request For S'port Hollywood Poker Room Report

gamboolman
10-05-2002, 12:11 PM
I have not seen much about the new poker room that opened at the Hollywood in Bossier City, LA. I am thinking about making a trip to Texas and might stop by. Surely some posters have played there? I was wondering how the action is being so close to Texas? And how does it compare to Biloxi, Tunica, Lake Charles, etc??
Thanks.....

10-05-2002, 01:25 PM
I haven't heard much either. I did call the poker room and asked a few questions though. The room is small, I think like 8 tables. The rake is high - 10% $5 max I think - can't remember if they drop a jackpot as well. They also only spread HE and $1-5 stud - so if you're interested in Omaha or any other variants your probably SOL.

I'd be interested in a trip report as well. My cronies and I go to LC every 6 weeks or so and have talked about taking a trip up there. The Capri (in LC) isn't the best poker room in the world, in fact it's FAR from it - but they have a bunch of tables and good games. The rake is way high, the ventelation sucks, the dealers are so-so, and the game selection is weak - but other than that it's a great place to play! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

David
10-09-2002, 06:10 PM
I haven't played there since it opened, but the guys in Kinder and Lake Charles have been talking about the great PL game they have going there. 25-50 blinds, 2000 buy-in. I don't know for sure if this game is going all week or just weekends, but I have heard that it is incredibly juicy. Don't know personally, just what I have heard. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif