PDA

View Full Version : Moral Dillemma

TheCroShow
03-18-2005, 06:31 PM
k so i'm chillin at my computer yesterday when i get an msn message from my buddy

[ QUOTE ]
Buddy:
yo dude wanna play poker tonight? me and some co-workers are gonna play, should be juicy...they're all total fish

TheCroShow:
yeah man i was just sittin around watching the paint dry, when is the game?

Buddy:
i'll pick you up after work and we go straight there.

[/ QUOTE ]

So i was doing nothing and agreed to go and play poker with his buddies. 3 hours later I'm $100 richer in a SNG style tourney. (BIG WINNAR!)

now am i obliged to give my buddy a cut? maybe give him back his buy-in? what's the etiquette here? all has been said and done, i wanna know other opinions. in case you're wondering, they invited me to their next game.

fundmyhabit
03-18-2005, 06:34 PM
you won, the money is yours.

Spooky
03-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Buy your friend a beer or two in the way of thanks, but its your winnings. Splitting with him smells too much of collusion in my book (not saying you were).

Cin0s3
03-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Definately your bank man! A beer or 2 is thanks enough

jojobinks
03-18-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
di·lem·ma n.

1. A situation that requires a choice between options that are or seem equally unfavorable or mutually exclusive.
2. Usage Problem. A problem that seems to defy a satisfactory solution.
3. Logic. An argument that presents two alternatives, each of which has the same consequence.

[/ QUOTE ]

naw. no dilemma here.

dictionary.com "dilemma" (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dilemma)

warewulf
03-18-2005, 10:24 PM
I agree with the others -- no kickbacks!

Unless he backs you (gives you the money to buy in with), then you don't owe him anything except a thank you.

Hold'me
03-18-2005, 10:29 PM
$100 isn't that much to begin with /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Anyways a beer or two sounds suffice enough.

TheCroShow
03-19-2005, 12:07 AM
just wondering that's all. i didn't hook him up with anything back. also figured a couple beers would suffice or w/e. sadly, $100 is quite a bit to a student right now...lol

Fins
03-19-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
now am i obliged to give my buddy a cut?

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely not! But you should cut him in on the next fishy game you run across, IMO.

Unless, of course, he was going to offset your losses /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

- Fins