PDA

View Full Version : The Search Function

scotty34
03-18-2005, 05:18 PM
As I am sure most of you have already noticed, the search function on this site is very weak. It gives very few options, and difficult to filter results. Designing an improved function or "advanced search" would not be very difficult at all, and many websites already have this. This would also be extremely beneficial for the forum in my opinion. If we were all to speak to the mods about this, do you think there is any chance they would have it changed. For anyone with basic programming skills, they could even offer to do it.

Good additions would be:

Results must include: polls, pics, URLs etc.
Search for topics with over x replies
Search for topics with over x views
Search for original posts only
Show in descending/ascending order by date
Show in descending/ascending order by number of replies/views

Those are all I can come up with off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are lots more.

Thoughts? Additions?

scotty34
03-18-2005, 07:11 PM
No responses...

Bad idea? Unrealistic idea? Already been discussed but I couldn't find it with the weak search function?

1st and only bump

Tron
03-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Sounds good to me. I don't really know what there is to discuss, though.

scotty34
03-18-2005, 07:18 PM
I guess really just what add-ons you would like to see. What's the best way to go about getting it done, and would the mods really go for it in the first place? I just think it would be a more successful campaign if a lot of people showed interest in it. Anyone who knows how to do this kind of programming could pipe up and offer to do it possibly.