PDA

View Full Version : 50+5: Should I have bluffed at this scary board?

AA suited
03-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">UTG (t2670)</font>
MP (t1625)
CO (t1855)
Button (t960)
SB (t1190)
<font color="#C00000">HERO (t1700)</font>

Preflop: HERO is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, HERO checks.

Flop: (t600) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, HERO checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t200</font>, SB folds, HERO calls t200.

Turn: (t1000) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
HERO checks, UTG checks.

River: (t1000) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">HERO bets t1300 (All-In)</font>,

No reads since I was multi-tabling. I called the min bet on the flop because I have 2 overcards.

On one hand, i have 6.5BB with 6 people left at 100/200 blinds. i have time b4 i get desparate. (Or do you consider anything &lt;7BB desparate?)

On the other hand, i remember what Irieguy said about betting the hell out of a scary board.

1) should I have stayed tight?
2) Is bluffing with no reads with 6 players left A LEAK when you're not desparate? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Benholio
03-18-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No reads since I was multi-tabling. I called the min bet on the flop because I have 2 overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see calling any bet on this flop. You have no hand and you are out of position. You can't even be sure to win if a K or a 9 comes, and if you could, you aren't getting the pot odds to draw for one.

As for the bluff, one of the most common holdings for UTG here is Ax, which makes a straight now.

I generally need some specific read (ie: ooh, a 2+2 player, he will fold! weak tight bastard!) or more desperate situation to bluff, and I still end up regretting it as much as not.

curtains
03-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Calling the flop was weak.

Irieguy
03-18-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

On one hand, i have 6.5BB with 6 people left at 100/200 blinds. i have time b4 i get desparate. (Or do you consider anything &lt;7BB desparate?)

On the other hand, i remember what Irieguy said about betting the hell out of a scary board.

1) should I have stayed tight?
2) Is bluffing with no reads with 6 players left A LEAK when you're not desparate? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the flop is fine, but calling because you have two overcards is not good.

The reason why you can call the flop (I wouldn't have) is so that you can represent a hand on the turn. But you didn't. The river bluff is dangerous and transparent.

I hope he didn't have the balls to call you with ace high.

Irieguy

Benholio
03-18-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I hope he didn't have the balls to call you with ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, ace high now has a straight, so he's definately calling. Thats why this scary board isn't good for bluffing, IMO. Villain's most likely holding now has a straight. Maybe 3456 would be a better board to bluff at.