PDA

View Full Version : Final Table hand facing a push on river, thoughts?

LethalRose
03-18-2005, 05:03 PM
final table, 5 handed, ive been pretty pushy stealing blinds here and there, the table is a bunch of weak tighties, except for one player who i respect a lot, nobody playing back much..then this hand happened. The villian in this hand is very LAG, a very bad player overrall, he min bets every flop with nothing, bets strong when he does have something, everytime he min bets a flop i go over the top for about 20k or so, he has folded each time. earlier in the tournament with blinds at 500/1000 he called my 5k raise(I had AK) with 55 and hit a set, I folded to his all in and he showed the set of 5's.. each time I raise he claims to have 55, he was the chip leader with about 20 until he called me down with a pair of 5's trying to bust me..I have VERY little respect for him as a player, thats my main point.

his stats over 180 hands

38.33VPIP
PF raise is 11.11
he goes to showdown way to often..45%.

MP (t102048)
Button (t30026)
SB (t106364)
Hero (t110464)
UTG (t16098)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t8000) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t8000) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t4000</font>, SB calls t4000.

River: (t16000) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB is all in, Hero ????

So, what do you do? results later..

Simplistic
03-18-2005, 05:10 PM
fold. i'm making this decision based on the chips you have in the pot and how close you are to the really big money.

pokerraja
03-18-2005, 05:13 PM
I think you have to muck here. I've seen too many times someone push with the nuts on these type of hands, just hoping you will call.

My line would of been to check the turn also. And then call up to a pot sized bet on the river. The reason I don't like betting the turn is what do you do if you get check-raise? or get called, and then pushed all in on the river?

TexTiger
03-18-2005, 05:19 PM
According to some of your statements about the V, some of his actions here seeme a little different. First, he completes instead of raising pf, which seems odd with only you and he left and he's been messing with you all night. 2nd, he checks the flop. You stated he minibets every flop, yet he doesn't here, another potential warning sign. His smooth calling the flop bet with a flush draw out there, then check-calling when the 4-flush hits would be odd. Once the river comes, there are realistically only 2 cards he could have that hurt you. The K or Q of /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Not popping the turn based on his previous play of betting strong with a real hand, meaning he would if he does have the K or Q of /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, then pushing on the river tells me he probably had something along the lines of a weak A with a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for his kicker, and is trying to push you out of the pot. I would call, and if he trapped you then congratulate him for a well played hand.

TT

MSUcougar
03-18-2005, 06:51 PM
I think he's got you beat here... if the pot was much bigger I would consider calling, but you have plenty of chips left if you fold so in my mind it's really not worth it to risk your tourney life here on a hunch... particularly with 2 small stacks hanging on... I fold this pretty easily...

Now if you had the Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, THAT would be a tough decision

LethalRose
03-18-2005, 06:56 PM
well, after thinking a long time i folded, the money in the pot wasnt worth it and i knew eventually i would get his chips. easy fold..

sloth469
03-18-2005, 07:06 PM
I have been in the reverse position and pushed the nuts here, hoping to get looked up by a strong hand because of my overbet. I think he has a set or 2 pair here, was trying to trap you, and went into panic mode as the four flush hit.

So did he tell you he had 55? If i were ihm that would be my line.

-sloth

LethalRose
03-18-2005, 07:07 PM
the 55 hand he hit a set with was earlier in the tournament when he was the chip leadeer. the 2nd 55 was a few hands before this hand.

yea, I felt as if he didnt have the higher flush here...but i just didnt want to take the chance of him trying to trap me. I dont think he traps..i mean he pushed with a set of 5's on the flop...no attempt to slowplay there.