PDA

View Full Version : MuckDigger - shows you mucked cards

JoeAbrams
03-18-2005, 04:46 PM
www.xlabs.org/software/MuckDigger/ (http://www.xlabs.org/software/MuckDigger/)

It's free.

Read the webpage before running it.

pmuir10
03-18-2005, 04:59 PM
is this legal? and/or in accordance with terms and conditions?

AnilK
03-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Another software that does this is Poker-Spy from www.poker-spy.com. (http://www.poker-spy.com.)

jwp
03-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Joe,
I DLed and installed it tonight but could not get it to show me the cards on real money tables. Followed the webpage instructions.

I have .NET installed -- I use it to run PlayerView sometimes. Do I need to take explicit action to start the .NET platform?

Any advice?
JWP

JoeAbrams
03-19-2005, 03:32 AM
Hi jwp

Yes, I apologize seems to be a problem with real money.. stupid of me to release it without testing.. I'm hoping to be able to deposit a little bit of money on the weekend and ill straighten it out, it's mostly like just a nissue of parsing differently.. something trivial..

Sorry again

jwp
03-20-2005, 11:09 PM
No problem. Let me know if you want me to help beta test or something.

JWP

Derek in NYC
03-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Joe, Has there been any forward progress on this development? I believe you will find that this application will be much more positively received than your PokerBot software.

ChessMan
03-28-2005, 06:03 PM
This appears to be bullshit to me. A reasonable protocol for running a poker game would be to not send any unnecessary info to a client/player.

That means that as far as card info is concerned, only the board cards and your own hole cards are sent to your client software while you play. At the end of the game, only when a player elects to reveal their cards would the server send their hole cards to the remaining players at the table.

Any programmer must realize that their software can be hacked, so that is why I think it is reasonable to think a poker site would not send unnecessary card info (even if it is protected by encryption and not easy to get at). Anyone care enough to ask this guy to prove that it works. I don't have time for anything more than saying I smell BS.

magic_man
03-28-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't think you understand the purpose of MuckDigger. All it does is check the hand history for hands that were known but not shown. For example, the river goes check-check heads up and the first player shows bottom pair, which is good, so the second player mucks without showing. If you check the hand history you can still see his cards, just like you can request to see them in a live game. Muckdigger just gets the cards for you and displays them on the screen, so you don't have to actually click the "last hand" button.

~MagicMan

ChessMan
03-28-2005, 06:32 PM
I apologize.

I didn't know the hand history could contain hands that weren't shown. I assumed the software always showed hands that were known regardless of whether someone requested to see them.

nathantork
04-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Has there been any progress on this software?