PDA

View Full Version : SNG Tracker v0.1 Released!

Hood
03-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Ok so it's 3 weeks behind schedule. Pretty impressive for a piece of software that's just a hammed up version of AM's spreadsheet.

The SNG Tracker is a simple bit of kit that will (hopefully) help in keeping track of your SNGs. I've been using it for the last month and it's worked well for me. I've finally got it to a point that it should be stable enough and pretty enough for other people to get some use out of it.

I won't fill this forum up going over the details - if you're interested, head on over to the official launch party! (http://sng.pokercomment.com) See some sexy screenshots; read in awe at it's feature list; download and install this wonderous piece of software; then realise it's a hunk o' junk and go back to your shreadsheet!

Feel free to send insults, bugs etc to this thread, my PM box, or my email.

rybones
03-18-2005, 09:09 PM
does this work with the firefox browser? from the download page it sounds like I need to be using ie and I don't. Any thoughts?

Ryan

eastbay
03-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Pretty nice looking graphs. Is that .NET API?

eastbay

Mr_J
03-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Very cool not having to enter them manually.

Average time is off. It has my avg at 49 mins, and this sample is $22-$55 with a max of 56mins, and less than 10 lasting over 50 mins.

Are you looking to turn this into the pokertracker for sngs??

Mr_J
03-18-2005, 09:38 PM
I use firefox and downloaded fine.

Mr_J
03-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Also, setting up an alias would be cool for the 5+ tablers /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Another thing is I'm used to AMs spreadsheet so I miss the pie graph (mainly because it lists exact %s). Would it be possible to put %s on this graph???

Degen
03-18-2005, 09:48 PM
its saying something about me needing to DL the .Net framework?? can anybody help me w/ this?

Degen

Deuce2High
03-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Degen, go to www.windowsupdate.com (http://www.windowsupdate.com) and download all of the updates.

Degen
03-18-2005, 10:17 PM
ok i got .Net...now every time i try to open it asks me if i want to REPAIR or REMOVE the SNG Tracker...how do u use this thing?

Degen

Zelcious
03-19-2005, 04:22 AM
Just to check before I try it out, it doesn't destroy/remove any HH files does it ? Can it handle several aliases ? Since I 8-table I play at 2 sites with two different nicks.

lacky
03-19-2005, 04:56 AM
definatly has potential. First change need to be to make it default names, as in plural. Many of us play under more than one name, and therefor need to combine those under one database.

Thanks,

Steve

gh9801
03-19-2005, 05:08 AM
Very good. Thanks

Hood
03-19-2005, 05:47 AM
Unfortunately, the graphing control doesn't currently support pie-charts. I'll agree, in a bar-chart it's a bit odd. I'll look for another solution.

Hood
03-19-2005, 05:48 AM
It uses the free zedgraph control (http://zedgraph.sourceforge.net/), which wraps up a lot of the GDI+ stuff.

Hood
03-19-2005, 05:50 AM
Thanks, I'll look in to the average times. It works for me. Anyone else getting a problem with the average time?

I don't know how far I want to go with the software. I never really got on with pokertracker, and I prefered using the AM spreadsheet to store my data, so I wrote something that does a similar task automatically.

Hood
03-19-2005, 05:51 AM
I'd first remove it, then re-install it, just to be on the safe side. Remove it through Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > SNG Tracker. Then re-install from the download.

Hood
03-19-2005, 05:52 AM
- No, it shouldn't remove your HH files.
- You can have several aliases if you use the set up folder watches. If you do 'import files/folder', you hvae to keep switching the 'default name' field.

Hood
03-19-2005, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the response steve. You can have multiple aliases by setting up the 'watches' folder. So you can set one alias to watch c:\program files\PartyPoker\HandHistory\ and another to watch for another alias in c:\program files\EuroBet\HandHistory\.

justin D
03-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Nice program!. Thanks alot..

rybones
03-19-2005, 08:37 AM
the first thing to know is that I am running win 98. secondly, at some point the computer was configured in a way that it tries to open new downloaded files in microsoft imaging. This is wierd as it is not a problem when I down load some things but is with others. For this program it is happinging. I have tried "save it to disk" and "open it" when downloading. Each time I open the program, micro imaging automatically opens and the warnig "this file is not compatable" comes up. Can anyone help?

Ryan /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hood
03-19-2005, 09:16 AM
It'll work fine in win 98, though you need the .NET framework installed.

Not sure about your microsoft imaging thing.. try uninstalling it? /images/graemlins/smile.gif Or perhaps if you get another browser (like firebird) it will download it correctly.

rybones
03-19-2005, 09:28 AM
1. how do I make sure I have the .net thing?

2. I have used firefox to download?

3. does anyone have any thoughts on my micro. imaging problem? (see my last post)

Thanks,

Ryan

Hood
03-19-2005, 09:48 AM
1. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/framework1_1/. It explains how to check.

2. So you've downloaded the .zip file successfully?

3. You need to extract the .zip file. Get winzip (www.winzip.com), open up the archive, and extract it somewhere. Then run setup.exe.

networkman
03-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Very nice, thanks!

zaphod
03-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Very nice program. Thank you.

How does the filter work?

David100
03-19-2005, 02:21 PM
I am having a problem.
I am playing a lot of tourneys and there are multiple tournies on the one notepad which means that some get missed. This is due to same table number being used on the same day.
Do you guys have the same problem?

rybones
03-19-2005, 03:18 PM
I finally got the program installed. I opened it once, seemed to be working. I closed it to create a shortcut. opened it again and got a "failed to connect to database data.sng" pop up? what now?

Ryan

zac777
03-19-2005, 06:48 PM
I have the same problem.

When I messed around with it the first time, it looked great though. Keep up the good work.

zac777
03-19-2005, 07:00 PM
...and then I noticed the 4 icons in my system tray. Looks like opening the program while another copy is running isn't handled. I closed all the running copies but I still couldn't get a fresh one to open.

I don't see any processes running that I might need to kill, so that's the end of my troubleshooting. I'm definitely looking forward to any updates though.

Hood
03-19-2005, 09:47 PM
When you 'close' the program, it actually minimizes to the system tray and keeps running. To restore, just click on the icon to restore. To actually close the program, you need to go to 'File > Exit'.

If you try and load up a new instance of the software, it you'll probably get the 'database locked' error because the other instance of the SNG Tracker has it locked.

Mr_J
03-19-2005, 10:07 PM
A few more suggestions. A filter for dates and for different buy-ins.

ZebraAss
03-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Wow this looks awesome. I have to wait until I get back to college to download it(slow computer at home). I am very excited.

-Zebra

lacky
03-20-2005, 04:51 AM
nah, I'm having the same problem. Nothing in the system tray, nothing recognizable in the procceses runing, and this is after a restart of the system. When I try to open it it flickers once and disapears and does not open. Does that each time I try to open it. Also, earlier when it was working, I played 24 games and it got 23 with no problem, but would not pick up the missing one after several tries.

So, cool program, needs work

Steve

The Yugoslavian
03-20-2005, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nah, I'm having the same problem. Nothing in the system tray, nothing recognizable in the procceses runing, and this is after a restart of the system. When I try to open it it flickers once and disapears and does not open. Does that each time I try to open it. Also, earlier when it was working, I played 24 games and it got 23 with no problem, but would not pick up the missing one after several tries.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

It's off to a much better start than Poker Prophecy though, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

Hood
03-20-2005, 07:04 AM
Hmm, I thought only one text file was created per tourney. If you could send over a couple of example text files that have more than one tourney in it I'll take a look. Contact on the website.

Hood
03-20-2005, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nah, I'm having the same problem. Nothing in the system tray, nothing recognizable in the procceses runing, and this is after a restart of the system. When I try to open it it flickers once and disapears and does not open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok those who are getting problems like this, if you could zip up your database file (data.sng) and your configuration file (SNGTracker.exe.config) - you'll be able to find these in C:\Program Files\SNG Tracker by default - and send them over (contact on the website) hopefully I'll be able to replicate the problem and get a fix.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, earlier when it was working, I played 24 games and it got 23 with no problem, but would not pick up the missing one after several tries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please could send over than dodgy hand-history, I'll take a loook.

[ QUOTE ]
Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

That's beta-testing for you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for the feedback.

Hood
03-20-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How does the filter work?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A few more suggestions. A filter for dates and for different buy-ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok basically with the filter, you can create different rules to filter down the list. I'll do a thorough write-up on the website when I get a chance, but here's a quick step through (it's a bit clunky at the moment but you should get the idea):

- Go to View > Filters > Configure Filters (CTRL - F)
- In the top box, type in the name, like 'Weekends'
- Click on the +
- In the left box, select Weekday
- In the second box, select Between
- In the third, select Saturday, and the fourth, Sunday, then click OK
- Click 'Apply Filter'

The list should now be filtered down to only the weekends. You can add multiple rules to a filter, and filter on lots of settings, like time of day, buyin, site, player name etc.

You can quickly switch between filters in View > Filters, or by clicking on the status bar (When it says "List Unfiltered", "Filtered By Weekends." etc)

David100
03-20-2005, 07:55 AM
you got msn or an email address?
I will send u an example.

David

Mr_J
03-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Lol

Yeh very useful. Not having to manually update every day might also stop me looking at my figures all the time.

Mine did the flicker thing too but I just reinstalled it and decided to leave it on.

networkman
03-20-2005, 11:34 AM
When closing the program, if you choose 'file, exit' everything seems fine. If you minimise then close the program through the system tray you're unable to open the program again without removing and reinstalling.

If you need any files let me know.

Hood
03-20-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you got msn or an email address?
I will send u an example.

David

[/ QUOTE ]

Email is on the website.

[ QUOTE ]
When closing the program, if you choose 'file, exit' everything seems fine. If you minimise then close the program through the system tray you're unable to open the program again without removing and reinstalling.

If you need any files let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I can replicate that. I'll try and get a fix out asap. In the mean time, make sure you don't close it through the taskbar icon.

Rolen
03-20-2005, 06:47 PM
It is without doubt the finest piece of software in the world. Terrific program, one thing though, could you explain the 'bubble +/-' stat is about? Mine is 14% and I have no clue what that means.

Hood
03-20-2005, 07:32 PM
I nicked this from the AM spreadsheet. It's a stat showing how frequently you get ITM from the bubble. A value of 0% means you're getting ITM the 'normal' amount of times - 75% of the time. If your value is higher, your doing better than 'normal'. Sorry, that's not a very good explanation /images/graemlins/smile.gif

boondockst
03-20-2005, 08:03 PM
It's not showing "duration" or average time stats for me at all...

i'm getting the tourneys from my PokerTracker database...do i need to import them some other way to get time information?

To clarify, they all show a "start time", yet i do not have a duration and thus $/hr. stats, etc.

Hood
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
New build released:

Build 0.1.1905:
- Crippling "Exit when minimized to tray and it doesn't load again" bug fixed (always starts up in normal view)
- Checks for an existing instance of SNG tracker running

Download the new build on the site... the installer should automatically uninstall the old version and reinstall. It shouldn't wipe over your data file.

Hood
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Hmm, time information should import if time is showing correctly in PT. If you can send me over your PT database I'll take a look.

Rolen
03-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Perfectly understood. Again, thanks.

boondockst
03-21-2005, 01:53 AM
i don't see any problems in my PT database......where/how can i send it to you?

ZebraAss
03-21-2005, 02:09 AM
It took me 40 minutes to figure out i had to click the " "Refresh" button.

and when those stats came up....ohh man sooo beautiful HOOD...way to go.

iMsoLucky0
03-21-2005, 02:52 AM
Great product. I am having a few problems though. I have multiple hand histories from same table in the same file, so it is affecting some stuff. My average time is 85 mintues. If you could fix this problem, that would be great. If you need me to send you a file too, just let me know.

Hood
03-21-2005, 04:13 AM
Yes, please send them through. Email is on the site.

Mr_J
03-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Just tested it over a decent sample (around 500-550). Looks like it missed around 20, and that was probally because of the same table # problem.

humanoid
03-21-2005, 04:40 AM
Is it me?
I have installed /uninstalled this software about three times now!
When you close it down, you can not open it up again..you have to download it again.
I managed to get it too sit in the task bar once played on Coral/party and it did not import any hand histories from the game when finished( I was led to believe this was auto?)
Also it keeps displaying message Database could not be acssesed or something like that?

Am i doing something wrong??

Hood
03-21-2005, 06:12 AM
Check the console to see what files fail. Please do send through any hand histories it misses, I want to squash this bug. This is the most important issue at the moment - anything but 100% success is unacceptable on software like this. It would really help if you could take the time to send over the problem HHs - or zip them up and send all of them, and I'll find the duff ones. Email on the site, thanks.

Hood
03-21-2005, 06:15 AM
- I hoped I had squashed this bug in the new release I did last (GMT) night. Have you downloaded it since then? What version are you running? (Help > About)

- It'll only auto-import if you've set up a watch correctly and configured party/coral to save hand-histories.

- I think the most likely cause of this is trying to open a second instance of the program. Because the first program locks the database while it's running, the second instance fails. In the new version, it checks for the current instance.

iMsoLucky0
03-21-2005, 06:40 AM
Also, I was wondering if you plan on putting a pricetag on this, or if you will be accepting donations. You definitely deserve to be compensated for this fine software.

P.S. My hand histories are on my other computer, I'll email them to you sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Hood
03-21-2005, 06:49 AM
Not sure yet. I certainly won't be soliciting anything before v1.0. And I don't really think it would be fair forcing people to pay when they helped beta-test and now rely on the software. And taking payment usually ties you in to some requirement to offer support. But we'll see how it goes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

networkman
03-21-2005, 07:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I was wondering if you plan on putting a pricetag on this, or if you will be accepting donations. You definitely deserve to be compensated for this fine software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!

Withnail
03-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Anyone else having problems getting to the site at the moment?

apd138
03-21-2005, 12:09 PM
yes it was up a few hours ago but down now.

EdgePort
03-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Yes, the site seems to be down.. Can we get another link???

Hood
03-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Hmm, you're right. How odd. I'm sure it'll be back up in a min. There is no other link.

Withnail
03-21-2005, 12:15 PM
If someone can ship me the .exe I'll host it on my site.

Hood
03-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather keep it all hosted on my site.

Hood
03-21-2005, 12:21 PM
It's back up again now.

imcastleman
03-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Problem importing hand histories. I'm trying to import my hand histories and am getting the message in the console "File format not recognised on C:\.....\8356174.txt"

Any idea why???

Thanks

Hood
03-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Not without a copy of 8356174.txt! I really want to fix these issues but I need copies of the failed HHs. Send 'em through to sng-at-pokercomment-dot-com

Hood
03-22-2005, 06:27 AM
This is a final request for failed hand histories. I will be doing a new build tonight so I'd like to include some fixes... but I've still not recieved any of these fabled 'double tournies in one text file' hand. Please send them through. sng-at-pokercomment-dot-com. I'll also be fixing the rather obvious 'double-clicking-on-a-tourney-doesnt-show-the-hand-history-like-it-should' bug, and hopefully getting some value labels on the bar graph. Any other niggles please let me know!

Mr_J
03-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Sent you an email at xxxxxxx that has 2 tournies in the same text file. It only read one in the program.

No more email addy.

Hood
03-22-2005, 06:52 AM
Thanks. Please could you remove my email from your post, I don't want spambots to pick it up.

edit: cheers.

KJ o
03-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Absolutely great. Thanks!

Three things you need to do:

1. Fix the names functionality so that one can load tourney results from different skins.
2. Give us your PartyPoker name (or one you open specifically for this), so we can give you some money on a honor basis.
3. Even if you fix the pie charts, keep the bar charts. I much prefer that, and actually change my .xls sheet to a bar chart.

Hood
03-22-2005, 12:23 PM
1. You can by setting up watches with different names. If you rather use the Import > Folder then just change the 'default player name' beforehand. How else would you recommend fixing this?

edit: I'll probably rework this section before v1.0, but if if there's something quick you suggest to be changed, or there's actually a bug here, let me know.

2. I don't want to receive any money for this until it's out of beta, but thanks for the offer.

3. I'm going to keep the bar charts for now (I prefer it too), but hopefully add in labels to show the exact value of each bar.

KJ o
03-22-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. You can by setting up watches with different names. If you rather use the Import > Folder then just change the 'default player name' beforehand. How else would you recommend fixing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, didn't get this to work the first time, but it works now. It would be slightly better if I could enter several names at once, and the program would look for any of those names in the files, but that is less important, of course.

[ QUOTE ]
2. I don't want to receive any money for this until it's out of beta, but thanks for the offer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, your loss then...

[ QUOTE ]
3. I'm going to keep the bar charts for now (I prefer it too), but hopefully add in labels to show the exact value of each bar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great. Thanks!

papa_georgio
03-22-2005, 05:14 PM
looks good. i'm downloading it now and i'll let you know what i think of it.

Hood
03-22-2005, 07:33 PM
STOP PRESS! New build!

Build 0.1.1907:

- Multiple tourneys on the same table, in the same session now supported
- Double clicking on a tourney wasn't opening the HH

Edit: those who got probs before, I suggest you start with a clean database. Either clear it (Data > Clear Database) or start afresh (File > New Database). Rock on.

Mr_J
03-22-2005, 09:38 PM
I tried it and it caught the double tournie text file. It didn't catch around a dozen files from 650. Some multis and I think the rest were ring (I can check if you want).

bix
03-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Sorry for the dumb question, but what does VIG stand for?

iMsoLucky0
03-22-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the dumb question, but what does VIG stand for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vig is what you pay to the house. It is the "9" in 100 + 9, or "3" in 30 + 3.

bix
03-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Thank you. That was what i figured it was after doing a search, but never got a certain answer.

Mr_J
03-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Vig = vigourish, and is the house cut like imsolucky said.

RicP
03-23-2005, 01:25 AM
Outstanding!!!

Very Nice Work.

Hood
03-23-2005, 03:54 AM
That's good - it shouldn't catch the multis and rings. If you could check to be sure though, that would be very useful, thanks.

networkman
03-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Bump, because I really like this app!

b0000000000m
03-23-2005, 03:26 PM
FYI-- When I installed SNG Tracker, it either overwrote or corrupted at least two key files (located in the win32 system folder) used by other .NET applications. This rendered those other applications useless. If the developer of SNG tracker is curious about the details, (s)he should PM me.

willie
03-23-2005, 06:08 PM
this program is AWESOME, thanks a lot for your hard work.

nokona13
03-23-2005, 06:30 PM
How do I get the new version? I download 0.1 and it's awesome! But I'd like the new version with the hand histories and whatnot...

Hood
03-23-2005, 06:31 PM
To keep others up to date - after a few PMs with Mister. B00...00m, the clash was with fellow .net poker software Poker Edge (www.poker-edge.com). I'm looking in to it, but I'm not sure whether it's a bug of poker edge, a collision of the software, a total coincidence, or SNG Trackers fault.

It's all a bit confusing because SNG-T (that rolls of the tounge) doesn't tamper with any system files. It certain ly doesn't collide with any other software I've got .NET or otherwise.

Other users of pokerEDGE, I'd be interested to see if you get any issues.

tminus
03-23-2005, 06:58 PM
ill be your guinea pig...
but if your installer corrupts my registry you'll never hear the end of it

(lol)

EdgePort
03-26-2005, 10:57 PM
It isn't importing hands from Empire.. any suggestions??

Hood
03-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. Should now be fixed. New download on the site.

adam5206
03-27-2005, 12:18 PM
What does the Vig mean on the overview? Also what is ROI?

afk
03-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Wow this is pretty neat-o. Nice work!

Hood
03-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Vig is vigourish - the amount the casino rakes in a tourney, that doesn't contribute to the prize. The '1' in the 10+1 part. ROI stands for 'return on investment'. Search the boards for more info on this.

adam5206
03-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the reply Hood.

EdgePort
03-27-2005, 06:30 PM
I tried the new version and it didn't seem to work for empire still. It says it was from teh 27th of March..

breezeyo
03-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Every time that I try to import a file, I get the error...'File format not recognised....' What now?

EdgePort
03-27-2005, 10:04 PM
That is exactly what I am getting. It is importing about 15 out 750 touraments.. Empire is 0 out of 50 and party = 15 out of 700. Program looks like it will be great once these bugs are worked out..

Hood
03-28-2005, 08:56 AM
As I've said throughout this thread guys, I need a bit more information on this to try and get these bugs worked out. Just telling me that 15 out of 7000 HH work doesn't really help.

Check you're running the latest version. Help > About. Version should be 0.1.1912.xxxx.

Make sure you've got your player name set correctly. It is case sensitive.

You've sent me over one hand history - #10566296. Setting my player name to EdgePort, this imports successfully in the new version. Does it not for you?

Phoenix1010
03-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Great job on this, very helpful. Small thing though, I like the looks of the graphs, but it would be semi-helpful to have some numbers on them. Again, great job, and thanks.

EdgePort
03-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Hey,

I'm working right now.. but maybe it is a case sensitive thing. I will try it tomorrow, and if it doesn't work I will send you some hand histories..

I also have a question about using different DBs, it seems to try any watch you setup.. no matter what DB you are using.. Or am I just thinking that it does..

Hood
03-29-2005, 05:32 AM
Various config settings are stored in in the sngtracker.exe.config file, including default player name, default database to open, window sizes and locations, and column positions.

03-29-2005, 05:47 AM
Am i the only one that cant access the website? I'd love to try this software, but cant access the site nor find it anywhere else.

Hood
03-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Just tried the site, it's fine for me.

hackle
03-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi Hood,

Thanks for this code - I'm finding it very useful.

In an earlier post, you explained some of the filter features. However, it is not working for me. When I hit the + button in the configure filters window, it doesn't bring up anything wherein I can select columns. I'd like to be able to filter by Buyin.

Thanks,

Hackle

bathroompants
03-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Just wanted to chime in that I'm absolutely LOVING this program. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to add more stats like the ones that the spreadsheet has (ROR, winning confidence, standard deviation, etc). Are there any plans to add these?

EdgePort
03-30-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Make sure you've got your player name set correctly. It is case sensitive.

You've sent me over one hand history - #10566296. Setting my player name to EdgePort, this imports successfully in the new version. Does it not for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixing the capitals in the name fixed a large number of the import problems. There are still a few touraments that don't import. I will send them to you in an email later tonight.

Hood
03-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks, please do.

I'm going to start work on v0.2 soon. Here's the following shortlist of features I want to add:

- Import from spreadsheet
- Basic tooltip/help system
- Cleaner filters system
- General changes to the main interface
- More overview stats

I'd also like to add support for 2- and 3-table tourneys, but I don't have any Hand Histories. If anyway has a collection, please send 'em through. If you have any other feature ideas please let me know.

ayamaguc
04-23-2005, 06:11 AM
Hood (and folks),

This is already one of my favorite threads, and I haven't even tried the software yet! It seems perfect for my needs though and I've been happily working through all of the posts here.

Is there a request/defect tracking thread somewhere? Or maybe this is it? To compile so far.. things requested:

- Multiple Aliases for Import: You've suggested an import workaround but that's not very elegant. It would seem sensible to let the user plug aliases into a list rather than a single config entry and match imports against the list.

- Pie Charts as an alternative to the bar charts (but keep the bar charts too).

- Labels/numbers on the Bar Charts.

Things I thought of:

- Import of PokerStars hand histories? I know some people play there and it seems to be the #2 SNG site. Alternatively (and I haven't looked at actual HHs from PS so no ideas) I wonder how hard it would be to create a little script to do a format conversion from PS to PP & family.. hmmm..

- Make the Alias values case insensitive? I don't believe the sites allow JohnSmith and johnsmith to coexist so... anyone know for sure?

- Auto-update/upgrade from within the application. Uninstalling and Reinstalling is doable but not nice if avoidable.

- Ability to autosubmit config files, DB file, and/or broken hand histories as part of a defect report via email?

Finally Hood, if people are offering you donations, I humbly you suggest you take them. Likewise if I find the software to be as useful as I expect (tbd tomorrow or sunday probably, unless I'm too busy playing) I'll be back offering the same, freely of my own heart and with no strings. I think we want you (and efforts like you) to happen, grow, and progress. If a little beer money or a nice dinner here and there helps grease that, great.

Alternatively I suggest some sort of 'bounty-ware' situation where people can pledge some funds towards the resolution of their favorite bug/feature request. They can kick you the funds when you knock off the item. In a sense this would allow the community to prioritize it's needs and wants and put something behind them to incent things a bit.

Ok. That's enough for too early in the morning...

Newt_Buggs
04-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I can agree with everyone else that this program is awesome. I can't remember if it was mentioned yet or not though that it has a bug with closing when shutting down. Maybe its just my computer, but when I try to shut down my computer while the program is running in the background my computer wont shut down and sometimes I can't even close SNG tracker itself and have to manually shut it down through ctrl-alt-delete.

oh yeah, and i'de gladly pitch in a donation, you deserve it.

05-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Is there a link anywhere to where i can download this software? I've been looking for it for a while. Thanks.

Newt_Buggs
05-05-2005, 04:52 PM
try the first post on this thread......

05-05-2005, 10:20 PM
i was able to locate and download the software. i'm putting my information in manually and it asks for 'vig'. 'vig' is one of the poker acronyms that i am unfamiliar with. can someone please fill me in on what 'vig' stantds for? thanks

TeenerBall
05-05-2005, 11:11 PM
vig= vigorish = rake= the fee for the tourney. Fro instance, a $50+5 tourn has a $5 vig.

Newt_Buggs
05-05-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm putting my information in manually

[/ QUOTE ]
Whenever you play a game it saves the hand history onto your hard drive. SNG tracker can retrieve these and automatically import them in for you. Just letting you know incase you didn't

sng-sam
05-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Anyone know how to REMOVE manual entries?

SAM

sng-sam
05-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Been Using Hoods program for about a month ~300 tounies. A few observations.

1. If I attempt to upload a HH (by importing the whole hand history folder) immediately following a tournament it often is not available. If I go find it and upload it directly it goes in. Sometimes it takes up to 15 min before it is found by searching the HH folder.

2. I love the program. I would like the Finishes section to actually list the number of finishes in each place as well as the corresponding %...I often see this in bar graphs where the actual number is inside the bar and the percentage is found on the side.

3. I love the filter function it's great.

Keep up the good work Hood. Again I know I speak for others when I say that as soon as you say go we will all donate to the cause. I know your stance on this and it is admirable, but as soon as you think you are ready..I am too. Thanks again.

SAM

P.S. There must be something wrong with it because the red line thingy goes down sometimes must be a glitch /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HoldingFolding
05-27-2005, 01:48 AM
Hi Hood,

I play on a lot of different computers, so I have all my HHs e-mailed to me and they sit in an Outlook folder. Is there any way to import from there? Or would I have to manually convert each e-mail into a text file?

Thanks in advance.

Hood
05-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the comments.

#1 The only thing I can think of doing is to add in support to move the hand history, once it's imported successfully, to another directory. This is how PT handles this situation.

#2 Yeah that feature is really needed. Will look at this.

#3 Thanks... it's really useful but I think rather hard to understand. Will try to make this a bit more intuitive next version.

Will be looking to to doing a new version soon. May include a donation link on the site when I do. Thanks for the continuing support of the software.

Hood
05-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Unfortunately not, SNG tracker doesn't import from email yet.

xLukex
05-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Is there an explanation of the filter function anywhere in this thread?

I also wanted to know if when you play two different $$ levels that two lines show up on the graphs.

Like 1 line for $11 ROI and 1 line for $22 ROI. I think that would be a good basis for whether or not you're ready to stay at a certain level, etc.

Plus it would look plain slick. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hood
05-27-2005, 10:15 AM
No, no explanation in this thread on or the site yet. Just play around with it, you should be able to work it out /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The two lines on a graph thing is a good idea but quick a big job, it would need to be flexible enough to graph on any filters. Will consider for the next version.

wiggs73
05-27-2005, 12:21 PM
this is an excellent program. nice work and thank you!

i was curious what language(s) you used to write it. i work on .net applications at work, so this is especially interesting to me.

HoldingFolding
05-27-2005, 10:35 PM
I guessed as much. Does anyone know how to convert the e-mails into separate text files. I've tried exporting it as a cvs/txt file, but then you just end up with one huge text file which can't be imported into tracker.

freemoney
05-27-2005, 11:48 PM
i was having a problem with this also, on the top when it says Filters:, type in something then hit the add button and fool around. hope that helps

xLukex
05-28-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guessed as much. Does anyone know how to convert the e-mails into separate text files. I've tried exporting it as a cvs/txt file, but then you just end up with one huge text file which can't be imported into tracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

SNG tracker doesn't import the summaries from your email, it imports the hand histories from your hard drive.

HoldingFolding
05-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Yes, I realise that, which is why I posted my original question to hood. Since I don't have the HHs on my hard drive I need a way to convert the e-mails to individual text files so that they can be imported. Any ideas?

sng-sam
08-25-2005, 08:38 AM
I need help.I've Pm'd Hood but he must be busy.

I have several entries in the sngtracker console that says "player sngsam not found" when I browse to the hand history I find that sngsam is in fact there. Any help would be appreciated.

SAM

sng-sam
08-25-2005, 11:27 PM
BUMP

unreal_nh
08-25-2005, 11:36 PM
this happened to me once, and it was because i am using more than one site... i just changed the default player name to the corresponding site and imported from that folder... then it worked fine... i think... or maybe i just manually entered them. but anyway its worked fine ever since

psyduck
08-25-2005, 11:53 PM
thank you thank you thank you!!!