PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my play on these 3 hands?

Bigwig
03-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Comments please.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t2332)
UTG (t1302)
UTG+1 (t545)
MP1 (t705)
MP2 (t2150)
CO (t972)
Hero (t910)
SB (t1084)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, SB calls t125, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t450) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t934 (All-In)</font>, BB folds, Hero calls t760 (All-In).

Turn: (t2144) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t2144) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2144

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Js Qs (flush, queen high).
SB has Jd Jh (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins t1970. SB wins t174. </font>

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t2660)
Hero (t1100)
SB (t2015)
BB (t2375)
UTG (t1850)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1100 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls t900.

Flop: (t2500) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t2500) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2500) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2500

UTG has 8d 8c (one pair, eights).
Hero has Jh Kd (two pair, kings and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins t2500. </font>

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t2250)
Button (t7750)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Button calls t300, Hero checks.

Flop: (t1200) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t3800</font>, Hero calls t1650 (All-In).

Turn: (t6650) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t6650) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t6650

Hero has 9c 6s (two pair, tens and nines).
Button has Js Jd (two pair, jacks and tens).
Outcome: Button wins t6650. </font>

pooh74
03-18-2005, 04:53 PM
All three look pristine...obviously, no way to escape the last one as I might even push PF if villain has been just calling often and seems tightish as far as HU play is concerned...but checking and catching ANY piece of a flop, u have no option with that stack.

1st two hands look right...KJ, in that po with that stack and blinds, its pretty pushable.

Bigwig
03-18-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All three look pristine...obviously, no way to escape the last one as I might even push PF if villain has been just calling often and seems tightish as far as HU play is concerned...but checking and catching ANY piece of a flop, u have no option with that stack.

1st two hands look right...KJ, in that po with that stack and blinds, its pretty pushable.

[/ QUOTE ]

The second one is the one I'm most 'meh' on. The limper is what concerns me. I'd love to hear from anyone on why they might muck KJ in that spot.

zheka
03-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I would fold second one. That limp look scary. With the blinds the way they are limp is not an option unless You hold a monster.
The other hands I'd play the same.

Benholio
03-18-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold second one. That limp look scary. With the blinds the way they are limp is not an option unless You hold a monster.
The other hands I'd play the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many bad players limp with high blinds just like they would with low blinds. Playing at low buy-ins, you have to be careful not to give your opponents credit for being thinking players unless they give you a good reason to. Afterall, there are plenty of people who play like this. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1957930&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

pooh74
03-18-2005, 05:17 PM
oops...excuse me, im brain fried today. I thought BB called the raise in #2.

Ok...that changes it a bit. This goes from a fairly decent push to a borderline play...now it only depends on your read of limper...how had he played up until then?

If anything is to be said for that hand it is UTG's indecisiveness on HIS hand...Im usually scared of UTG minraise...this WANTS action wheras a limper (obviously could be a trap SOMETIMES) is in between on his thought process and ends up farting as is evident here. These limps if not traps are usually medium low pairs...AK and hands that dominate you will raise here...I still like it, bc u still have fold equity and that combined with 46EV and your stack size of 6BBs you made a +EV play IMO...close though.

zheka
03-18-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Afterall, there are plenty of people who play like this. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1957930&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. It's true some people play like this, but IMO they don't last till bubble.

Nacarno
03-18-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm iffy on the first hand. I'd much rather be pushing than calling here. The board is very coordinated espcecially for a raised pot. It figures to have hit someone and the SB is still pushing into two opponents. You're a favorite over JT and JJ, but that's pretty much the only two hands where you're not a significant dog. Against AK you have 9 outs. Against a made two pair or set of tens you have 8-11 outs so the pot odds are close, but I think you might be able to wait for a better spot.

Hand 2 looks good.

Hand 3 I think is player dependent. If your opponent has been playing tight and not pushing without top pair a fold might be in order, but if you think he'd play overcards the same way then by all means call.

adanthar
03-18-2005, 05:30 PM
1 and 2 are good. In 1, his most likely hands all have a J in them and you have most of them beat. You're also beating a lone king or QT; not a bad spot. I make the second play all the time and usually don't regret it.

Hand 3 is a fold for me unless he's done that before.

pooh74
03-18-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm iffy on the first hand. I'd much rather be pushing than calling here. The board is very coordinated espcecially for a raised pot. It figures to have hit someone and the SB is still pushing into two opponents. You're a favorite over JT and JJ, but that's pretty much the only two hands where you're not a significant dog. Against AK you have 9 outs. Against a made two pair or set of tens you have 8-11 outs so the pot odds are close, but I think you might be able to wait for a better spot.

the push screams weakness on this hand...IMO

Nacarno
03-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Normally, I'd agree but the SB only has 934 chips and the pot is 450. If I'm the SB what am I supposed to do - bet the pot and then fold to a reraise? If I'm betting I'm calling an all-in so I think pushing is the right move for the SB and doesn't necessarily mean weakness.

curtains
03-18-2005, 06:45 PM
I think you can tell a lot about your level of play based on the questions you ask. These hands are all tough decisions, thus probably you are doing well. In general I like them all, although there are things that could change my play in hand 2+3.

In hand 2 if I knew my opponent wasn't an idiot (rare), then I'd be apt to fold, but my default play would be to move allin.

Against a lot of players in hand 3, I'd move allin preflop, but headsup play depends so much on previous hands sometimes, that it's hard to give advice. Some players I'd fold there postflop some I'd call, also I'd bet out a lot of the time. If my opponent is passive I don't want them checking behind and getting a free card.

Against some players you can bet out 400-500 and feel strongly that they will tell you the truth by their actions.

nokona13
03-18-2005, 08:25 PM
I generally don't start raising QJ until there's less people (where raise/push is determined by stack sizes) or a level or two higher blinds (where I'm pushing with this stack). Is the concensus that this is taking the "early" weak-tightness too far?