PDA

View Full Version : Empire's Response to Some Possible Collusion - Party $109

Elektrik
03-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Just a heads up to the $109er's out there. I noticed that RabbitCam and ImDaPokerGod, both who I'd say are definitely winning players, would often sit directly next to each other. FYI, here is my email to Empire, and their reply. Notice that I used my VIP status for this, as I figured my email might be given more respect.

Date: 3/14/2005 8:26:12 AM
To: vip@empirepoker.com
Subject: Please check for collusion

Hi,

I regularly play the $109 SNG's the Empire offers, and a strange thing that I see is that two players, ImDaPokerGod and RabbitCam often sit together, and often sit right next to each other in these tournaments. This concerns me greatly - they are both decent players who surely make a profit at these things, but I am unsure as to why they constantly find the need to sit right next to each other in these things.

I am not the only player concerned about this; I've simply been avoiding their tables, but another friend of mine who plays the $109's (I actively AVOID his tables, because I know he's good....which is why this makes no sense) brought it up as well. I would hope that if there is any sort of collusion going on, which I know would be very hard to detect, it could be discovered and/or brought to light, as well as used to prevent these players from gaining a potential edge.

Thanks for your time,

Michael Graves
<GramiHiaus>

Date: 3/15/2005 3:31 AM
From: vip@empirepoker.com
Subject: Re:Please check for collusion

Dear Michael,

With regards to the mail, we have started the investigation on the accounts "ImDaPokerGod" and "RabbitCam". Based on the initial reports of investigations we found some inconsistent game play.

We request you to provide us some time so that we can send the complete investigation report. We apologize for any delay.

If you have any more concerns or suggestions please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Suku
Empire Poker
VIP Players Club
Customer Support Team
www.ep.com (http://www.ep.com)

Date: 3/16/2005 4:51 AM
From: vip@empirepoker.com

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting customer support.

We agree that few game logs are indeed suspicious, so we have further investigated their activity on our card room from the day these two players created their account at our site and would like to share the following points with you.

Please do understand that our investigations are directed in a way to check and confirm for any collusion case taking into consideration the complete game history and the activity of the players on our card room right from time the players creates their account. A complete review of all their game history has been done and we have found that there have been no past instances where in we could accuse them for any foul play.

However, since few hands are suspicious, we have sent an email to the players mentioning the game logs asking them for clarification and as a first precautionary measure we are blocking these players to share the same table. They would not be able to play at the same table.

We would be monitoring their actions and game pattern regularly and if we find any suspicious activity we will take necessary actions.

We are glad to have players like you who care for EmpirePoker.com integrity and would expect continued cooperation and support from you.

If you have any more concerns or suggestions please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Suku
Empire Poker
VIP Players Club
Customer Support Team
www.ep.com (http://www.ep.com)

citanul
03-18-2005, 04:28 PM
nicely done.

fwiw, there are a bunch of players that if i see them at a table, i will always sit in exactly the same position relative to them if i can, and substitute alternate positions in for some.

the positions i will take are one to the right, two to the right, one to the left, and two to the left.

imdapokergod is a decent player from what i remember, so it's strange to see anything notable as collusive behavior out of him.

citanul