PDA

View Full Version : Bubble question: push?

Bill Poker
03-18-2005, 04:21 PM
$10+1 Sng last night, 4 left with one big stake about $3000, and other 3 about $1700 each. blind 75/150. I ($1700) was on SB with A3o, folded to me, push/call/raise to 3xBB (stop and go, push on any flop)? BB ($1700) is a pretty good player with occasionally reraises, I folded two times on his reraise a few hands ago. also, my oveall image should be tight because I folded on SB and BB on 3BB raises in the last two orbits.

Result below:
<font color="white"> I raised to 3xBB, BB called, flop was QJT, I pushed, BB reluctantly called with Q7o. no help for me on turn and river.

shd I check/fold on flop? push preflop?
</font>

EarlCat
03-18-2005, 04:35 PM
If you're gonna push, push preflop, but I don't think I would here. Yes, you're getting into trouble stack, but not horribly, and you're essentially tied with two other players.

Was BB the big stack? If so, I think he'd be more likely to fold PF than the other stacks, but I still doubt I'd gamble here with A3os

citanul
03-18-2005, 04:48 PM
the play you made was not a stop and go. it was just about the worst line possible for the hand you had.

i could argue for push (+chip ev), limping (eh), folding (variance reducing), and raising (you likely have the best hand). but the plan that includes raising does not include pushing any flop.

citanul

Bill Poker
03-18-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're gonna push, push preflop, but I don't think I would here. Yes, you're getting into trouble stack, but not horribly, and you're essentially tied with two other players.

Was BB the big stack? If so, I think he'd be more likely to fold PF than the other stacks, but I still doubt I'd gamble here with A3os

[/ QUOTE ]

the big stack was on the button. BB had about $50 more than me